Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: anyone here have Carfax?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zymurgist
I got an interesting offer from a guy who may want to do a partial trade for the 911. He has a 914/6, as in the VIN begins with 914. Is Carfax a good source for information about collectibles? I've Googled the VIN and the only thing I found was his ad for the car on Pelican.

Anyone out there have Carfax to run this VIN? I'm a CSOB and don't want to pay for a month when I'm only at the tire kicking stage.
Joe Bob
Carfaxes are only available back to 1983. That's when they went to a uniform length VIN#. MY 83 has two records....they used "O" for "0" (zero).....

Anyways, Carfaxes are pretty unreliable. I wouldn't pay for one....and only got one because someone had a free open charge and I said what the hell.
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Joe Mama @ Apr 13 2008, 11:33 AM) *

Carfaxes are only available back to 1983. That's when they went to a uniform length VIN#.

agree.gif
I've attempted to check old VINs and it is always a vain effort. Even an old car that has recently changed ownership is a dead end.

Paul
zymurgist
Thanks for the info, guys. thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.