Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa Newfoundland 914 Yellow /Blue in Car shots
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Heeltoe914
I was watching Speed this morning and saw a 914-6 owned by Bob Seville? car ran great untill it slide off into the ditch.

Any specs, on this car? is he a member here?

Anyway you can catch the segment on Speed The Targa newfoundland Run.
PeeGreen 914
Yeah... run a search. It will tell you all about it.
73Phoenix20
Great show, but I could not figure out how crossing a bridge caused Bob to go sliding off the road!!! Yes, the bridge was wet, but the road was straight, down to and up from the bridge! What a surprise!

And an even bigger surprise! They got the car sort of fixed up and finished the Rally!!! Must have had a complete front clip in the parts trailer! I would love to run that race!
iamchappy
I believe it was a wooden bridge, very nasty when wet. Many other cars lost it there as well.
ws91420
A BMW went into a house and another BMW went on an off road excursion.
Heeltoe914
QUOTE(73Phoenix20 @ Apr 13 2008, 07:41 PM) *

Great show, but I could not figure out how crossing a bridge caused Bob to go sliding off the road!!! Yes, the bridge was wet, but the road was straight, down to and up from the bridge! What a surprise!

And an even bigger surprise! They got the car sort of fixed up and finished the Rally!!! Must have had a complete front clip in the parts trailer! I would love to run that race!

If you need a teammate I am IN. lets start saving.
73Phoenix20
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Apr 13 2008, 08:25 PM) *

If you need a teammate I am IN. lets start saving.

He, he! I just recruited a friend of mine that has an original 914/6, but I don't think we are going to run that one! I am starting the search for a 951 Cup car, or one that has been nicely set up for DE events, mainly because we have a top notch mechanic that knows these inside and out! Not this year, but look out in 2009!
BMartin914

I am starting the search for a 951 Cup car, or one that has been nicely set up for DE events, mainly because we have a top notch mechanic that knows these inside and out! Not this year, but look out in 2009!

Nice choice. They are very good cars when set up properly. I'd love to know more when you have an update to give.
Gint
I just watched this tonight. I've had it on tivo since April. Uber-cool that the 914/6 managed to finish despite folding up the front end all to hell.
r_towle
Look up his name of the race team.
I forget it, but its accross his windshield.

the whole story of him and his wife is on his site, pics etc.
He is the pres of the NC PCA that is currently hosting the Parade.

Now you will understand why the 914's got noticed this year.

Rich
roadster fan
He's a member here "naro914"

Here is a link to his race team home page NaroEscapeRacing

cool photos of the race and crash damage

Jim
6freak
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Jul 3 2008, 02:22 AM) *

He's a member here "naro914"

Here is a link to his race team home page NaroEscapeRacing

cool photos of the race and crash damage

Jim

hes here from time to time..but yes very cool race.wooden bridge was wet and a few cars wrecked in that very spot.I watched it on tv..and theres a hell of a just get`n there storey...the cars in the Charlotte Parade pixs and looks good as new
naro914
Hi guys (and gals?)
I just ran across this thread. Our story of what happened is on our race website www.naroescapemotorsports.com. Plus, we had an article I wrote in the online magazine Autobahn Ambitions.

We ran Huey in 2006 and finished 11th overall, and were going for a top 5 in 2007. The car was running perfect (though, when you read our story, you'll see how bad the week REALLY was) until the bridge.

We were one of the first "contenders" across the bridge. It was wooden, wet, new, and actually tilted left a bit. 3 cars ahead of us spun, but weren't going fast enough to loose it. We were running hard and it was handling great in the wet, then when we hit the bridge, the back end just went left. No warning. I tried to head for an open field, but a big ditch launched us airborne, and we flipped end over end.

Our crew mate was Bill Dunster, who owned a body shop at the time (just sold it). He pulled and banged the body into some sort of 914 looking shape, and amazingly enough got it running. It didn't run great, but it made it across the finish at the end of the week.

We've since rebuilt him, just completing and getting him running by Parade last week. Still needs tweaking, but he's back on the road.

Won't do Targa in 2008, but maybe in 2009. If you ever wanted to do a full Motorsports Adventure, you NEED to do Targa. It's like nothing you will ever do. ...though we ARE considering doing Targa Tasmania....
naro914
just thought I would post a few new pictures:
naro914
these were taken only a couple days before Parade, approx June 26th
PeeGreen 914
Lookin good aktion035.gif Your cars are awsome examplse of race 914s piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.