Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Refresh cylinder fins?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stateofidleness
so anyone know a good process to "refresh" the cylinder fins back to a shinyk, purdy silver without removing the heads?

would wiring brushing/air grinder be bad as far as debris getting into things?

i just wanna clean em up a little, any ideas?
Mark Henry
Doesn't matter that much, you don't see them anyways. Just go to town on them with the brake cleaner and get all the oil/grease off of them.
degreeoff
Also dont think theyll get shinny silver as the are cast IRON! Hey man email me your email addy so as I can send you a paypal request on that cam ifin ya still want it

Josh
stateofidleness
oh snap... yea after reading that it dawned on me that they are covered by the tin.. so shiny isnt so much a necessity... got all the grime off.. guess theyre good to go then!!

hey josh, decided against doing a complete rebuilt and all that. i really appreciate the offer on that cam though!

OT: what color green is that in your avatar??
degreeoff
Dupont "chromabase' color code por137 with clear coat(s)
stateofidleness
it's a winner! is the exterior painted that color as well?
degreeoff
ahhhhyup!
Dave_Darling
Remember, too, that "shiny" is not so good for heat radiation. A matte finish is much better, as there is more surface area to radiate the heat away.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.