Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: remounted the wing since it was fugly this weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
byndbad914
So I really hated the way the wing looked, so I changed the angle of the uprights and moved it forward a couple of inches. Overall I didn't want to move the wing too far forward and lose the advantage of the moment arm having it back at the bumper, but wanted to try to get it visually looking like it "belonged" on the car v. an after-thought/necessary evil.

Before, uprights at 20deg and pretty far back
Click to view attachment

Now the uprights were right around 32 deg (shot for 30 deg but ended up after welding and settling at 32), the wing mounts moved about 3 inches forward but the wing maybe an inch or so. I think it looks better a bit lower with more angle in the uprights...

(see next post since apparently a pretty tight pic upload limit)

Still don't particularly care for it, but at least it ain't completely fugly. Will be getting some airtabs too to help bend the air down from the roof. Might check into the Mitsu Evo strips as well... I will pick whatever is cheapest of course hahahaha.
byndbad914
Click to view attachment
plymouth37
Your car looks wicked, nice job!
byndbad914
thanks! Next time you guys are down in the area we all have to have a better get-together as I mentioned, maybe at my place. Bring down the WRX conversion and we can all check out the spoiler/brake setup too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.