Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 Djet air filter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Hi,
I need a picture posted that shoes the 1.7 liter paper filter housing.
I currently have the oil bath.

I may switch over, but I need a pic to make sure I am looking at the right ones.

Rich
rmital
here you go.....
r_towle
So, I got the airfilter housing from Fitzbain at Hershey.
I have looked around locally, including the foreign car parts place....

What is this airfilter part number???
What did it come off of?
Is there a VW bus part number (or year/model) I can use??

I cant find it anywhere locally and it should just be a FRAM number or whoever...

A little help, a few manufacturers (Fram, STP, etc) and the part numbers would be a huge help.

Rich
TravisNeff
Didn't someone post a link to somewhere where they converted an oil bath to a replaceable element?
rmital
...purchased that air filter a few years ago from Stable Energies here in NJ. I first called a Porsche dealer, asked for the part, told me the price was around $75. I laughed, the salesman laughed then he told me to call Bob over at Stable Energies. Bob sold the same air filter for $15.

I just called Bob asking him if he had any more sitting around. He told me to drop him an email and he'd let me know. (he was busy, didn't have the time to poke around).

His number is 973-773-3177

I could check if there is a part number on the filter when I get home....
Cap'n Krusty
They no longer exist, except for maybe one or two that may have been ratholed by someone. There's a NAPA filter that'll work, but it has far less filter area. NAPA Gold part number 2110. The number furnished us by AA isn't even close. The only companies that ever made them were Knecht and possibly Purolator. The oil bath filters better anyway. Good luck. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.