Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Shell Americas Eco-Marathon Sets 2,843 MPG Record April 13, 2008
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
http://ecomodder.com/blog/

Is that in So Cal?

aktion035.gif

Ahhhh, youth. Our future.
I wonder what one of them would do to a 914 to improve MPG....
Elliot Cannon
There is a Mater Dei in So. Cal. but this one is in Indiana. The sad part about these economy runs is, if someone truly developes a viable system that would increase gas milage, it would be bought up and put on the shelf. My Father-in-law developed a revolutionary carb. back in the sixties. His company was based in Huston. The carb never made it to production. Any guesses why?

Cheers, Elliot
skline
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 14 2008, 05:13 PM) *

There is a Mater Dei in So. Cal. but this one is in Indiana. The sad part about these economy runs is, if someone truly developes a viable system that would increase gas milage, it would be bought up and put on the shelf. My Father-in-law developed a revolutionary carb. back in the sixties. His company was based in Huston. The carb never made it to production. Any guesses why?

Cheers, Elliot

Was that the carb they called the Frog? My father told me about a carb called the Frog that some guy in Houston developed and it was bought by Ford and of course shelved so it could never be sold.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.