Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-4 headers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914 Monster
Does anyone know where I can get 914-4 75' headers that has no merger so I can put a 2 intlet muffler w/quad tips? confused24.gif
Also what is the best big bore piston and cylinder brand for 914's
BMXerror
I can't really answer your header question since I don't really understand what you're trying to do. LN engineering sells 105mm pistons for T4, but they are BIG $ (aluminum and Nikasil. Very good shit). Scat also sells steel cast 103s with Keith Black or JE pistons. Hope that helps. Oh, and BTW...
welcome.png
Mark D.
SirAndy
QUOTE(914 Monster @ Apr 14 2008, 07:37 PM) *

Does anyone know where I can get 914-4 75' headers that has no merger so I can put a 2 intlet muffler w/quad tips? confused24.gif

are you just in for the looks or do you want performance?

if you're looking for the latter, you'll need a 4-2-1 header.
those give you the most power as you need the backpressure for the engine to breath right.
stirthepot.gif Andy

PS: welcome.png
914 Monster
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Apr 14 2008, 08:57 PM) *

I can't really answer your header question since I don't really understand what you're trying to do. LN engineering sells 105mm pistons for T4, but they are BIG $ (aluminum and Nikasil. Very good shit). Scat also sells steel cast 103s with Keith Black or JE pistons. Hope that helps. Oh, and BTW...
welcome.png
Mark D.

What site is it in?Does it need any modifications?
BTW...Thanks Very Much! pray.gif beerchug.gif
VaccaRabite
How much do you want to spend?

SSI stainless heat exchangers and a bursch muffler will set up back $500, and can be found if you look. Have to get the SSI's used (but they last forever) and the bursche can be found at any of the 914 shops (Pelican, AA, etc). Give a few extra HP, and you still get heat.

AA is selling a version of the Kerry Hunter header. Dunno price.

Euro Race (European Racing) header and turbo muffler (what I have got) is around $700. No heat, a little more power. Can be found at Paragon. Has stub pipes, which are a really good thing.

Tangerine Header is over a grand, easy. It also gives the best performance upgrades, and will last. Can be found by PMing Racer Chris on this board.

As for P&C, it depends. What are you looking for? How much do you want to spend. How much power is your goal. Several options. Not as many as T1 options, but still several.

Zach
914 Monster
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 14 2008, 10:15 PM) *

How much do you want to spend?

SSI stainless heat exchangers and a bursch muffler will set up back $500, and can be found if you look. Have to get the SSI's used (but they last forever) and the bursche can be found at any of the 914 shops (Pelican, AA, etc). Give a few extra HP, and you still get heat.

AA is selling a version of the Kerry Hunter header. Dunno price.

Euro Race (European Racing) header and turbo muffler (what I have got) is around $700. No heat, a little more power. Can be found at Paragon. Has stub pipes, which are a really good thing.

Tangerine Header is over a grand, easy. It also gives the best performance upgrades, and will last. Can be found by PMing Racer Chris on this board.

As for P&C, it depends. What are you looking for? How much do you want to spend. How much power is your goal. Several options. Not as many as T1 options, but still several.

Zach

I dont really care about price aktion035.gif
Rand
QUOTE(914 Monster @ Apr 14 2008, 10:33 PM) *

Woot! In that case, don't pass go...
http://tangerineracing.com/914_headers.htm
914 Monster
QUOTE(Rand @ Apr 14 2008, 10:47 PM) *

QUOTE(914 Monster @ Apr 14 2008, 10:33 PM) *

Woot! In that case, don't pass go...
http://tangerineracing.com/914_headers.htm

Does the tangerine headers have good sound like a deep subtle tone?
Chris Pincetich
The tangerine header makes a TIV sound awesome! Deep and loud, because the tubing wall is thinner than OEM. They are the best! I have the EuroRace and it is sweet, best bolt-on bang for the buck. Plan your project well, as matching exhaust, bore, cam etc are crucial to a healthy TIV. beerchug.gif
Joe Ricard
You will hear this over and over.
what kind of HP TQ do you want?
what are you going to do with the car.
and last Really how much money do you got. This car can eat more money than most of us make annually.
if you let it.

I have had a Tangerine 1 5/8" Evo and it is wonderful.
gopack

If that statment is true, visit this site and then give Jake a call!
AIRCOOLEDTECHNOLOGY 914 page
Most of us only dream of being able to install a MassIVe engine in our cars! He will give you the exact combination based upon your needs and intended useage.
degreeoff
QUOTE(gopack @ Apr 15 2008, 04:28 AM) *

If that statment is true, visit this site and then give Jake a call!
AIRCOOLEDTECHNOLOGY 914 page
Most of us only dream of being able to install a MassIVe engine in our cars! He will give you the exact combination based upon your needs and intended useage.

agree.gif welcome.png

If you'll be staying they 4 banger route without a budget? he is your man.
rhodyguy
if you go with the tangerine, opt for the provision for heat option. even if you live in socal, you're going to want heat at some point. money not an issue...wow! perfect.

k
Joe Ricard
I just had a thought pass between my ears.
Money not and issue.......... Then buy a GT3.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.