Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
I pulled off the oil filler assembly and removed what I thought was the PCV valve for cleaning. Full of gunk so I thought I'd clean it up. There is a small gasket on that PCV valve that crumbled in my fingers. Checking Pelican, it says the PCV valve is NLA.

What does the PCV do? Do I need it (djet, bone stock)? Is that assembly normallly serviced, cleaned? Where do I find that gasket?

Thanks,
Kev
JeffBowlsby
http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/PCV.htm

You're welcome... biggrin.gif
kconway
Ha! Thanks Jeff. I just got done reading that and was going to post an answer to my own question. Shame on me, I should have known to look there.

So..are these truly NLA? Brad's text has conflicting info on availability.
championgt1
I have the same problem with that gasket. I tried to get one from AA but they also do not have any. Went to the local auto parts store and bought some oil plug gaskets about the same size. I have not got around to putting it on yet, so I'm not sure it will work. Seams like all the used ones just crumble when you touch them.
Dave_Darling
If the valve is dead, you can try substituting a restriction instead of the valve. It will be open a little bit at all times, instead of being open quite a bit only at certain times. Ray Greenwood over on the Shoptalk Forums Type 4um talks about using a disk with a small (1mm or maybe smaller?) hole in it.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.