Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question on shipping rims.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flippa
I have a real nice set of fake fuch rims that I am selling to another member. He should be real happy with these rims; just took some pictures this afternoon & they are perfect; no rash or damage at all.

I will be sending these from Boston to Baltimore. I am new to the whole shipping of parts thing. What is the best way to ship rims? I am going to have the tires removed.

Would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Larry

RJMII
See if you can get some empty boxes froma local wheel/rim sales place? That way it should have all of the styrofoam circle pieces there for you. =o)

pete-stevers
I get a a bunch of card board from broken down boxes out of our recycle bin
the card board pieces are taped to the front and back of the rims with the tape only touching the carboard
then i take a banana box and cut a liner for the top and bottom
i tape two wheels into the bottom of the box
i slip the relined top as far down as it will go and thouroughly tape the top on
and voila on pair boxed
this works great for 15x6 and 15x7s
16s not as well
you will use a lot of tape
but you want the pakage to arrive wheels perfectly intact
rhodyguy
i go to discount tire. look for boxes for 16" rims in a 9 or 10"width. 2 in each box with plenty of room for packing material. about $25 per box via fedex.

k
Lou W
I sent 5 fuchs from Riverside County to Orange County. I sent them through the USPS, boxed them up and shipped them out, no big deal....recomend sending them certifide, I think it was less than $50.00 for all 5. smile.gif
morph
Go to your local moving van rental place and look for a large dish barrel, thats what I always use. Put a layer of cardboard between each rim and stuff as much wadded paper as you can into all of the empty space. Take it to UPS or Fedex and you should be able to ship it for around $60.

Hiedi
Al Meredith
I just shipped a set of Fuchs and went to "Mailboxes ETC / The UPS Store" and bought a 16" X 16" X 16" box for about $7, I worked perfectly for shipping two wheels , added some spare cardboard on bottom , between, and top.
flippa
A local tire company only charged $5 each for removal & disposal of the old tires, and gave me a bunch of boxes for packing them up. I ended up putting 2 rims per box, packing the bottom & sides of the box with cardboard & paper to cushon the rims, and sliding a second box into the first.

The UPS store was the way to go; the buyer did some research & found that this was the cheapest route.

Thanks for the help guys!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.