Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914world success
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Loser_Cruiser
I have recently just joined a local vw club and in between meetings and get togethers people can meet online similar to this site. I just want to know what make this forum such an easy place to come and post other than the people. Meaning the physical layout of the site. I've been to many other car forums and often they feel like they are disjointed and segragated with in themselves and I would like to possibly help create (on a smaller scale)the same kind of success found here over there. , so what keeps you all coming here and not going to other sites.
kart54
First and foremost it's the people but secondary to that is the layout of the site and the ease of navigation. The site is well laid out and it's easy to find what I'm looking for on a quick glance. Not to many columns, just the right number
Randy
Kart54
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Loser_Cruiser @ Apr 15 2008, 05:01 PM) *

I have recently just joined a local vw club and in between meetings and get togethers people can meet online similar to this site. I just want to know what make this forum such an easy place to come and post other than the people. Meaning the physical layout of the site. I've been to many other car forums and often they feel like they are disjointed and segragated with in themselves and I would like to possibly help create (on a smaller scale)the same kind of success found here over there. , so what keeps you all coming here and not going to other sites.

Your going to find that anywhere, even here. But I have found many people here

(not including myselfClick to view attachment) that have enough class not to play that game. I does make

it very pleasent.Click to view attachment
dw914er
good people

good range of ideas

good level of involvement

and great facts

ohhh, also cant forget the fact that we all drive a cool car, and all have a good level of passion for it

and the site is pretty easy to use
BMXerror
Three words: Hot Chicks Thread! wub.gif aktion035.gif
Mark D.
McMark
Minimum number of separate forums. A lot of places want to make a separate forum for everything, suspension, exhaust, motors, paint, etc. That just splits everyone up. We've tried to keep the number of forums as low as possible and honestly, if I had my way, we'd only have one forum.

Another strong point is that the admin team keeps a fairly low profile and keeps reprimands to a minimum. The community is pretty good at self policing. wink.gif This is also related to my first point. If you have multiple forums, then you have the members who make a point to bitch out anyone who posts in the wrong forum. rolleyes.gif

tdgray
agree.gif with Burger Boy.

I subscribe to a number of other forums but this is the only one I check on a daily basis... and I don't even have a teener right now.

The other sites are just not as freindly or as well designed and usually lacking in readily available information.

FWIW... I asked on one forum if anyone had ever put a progress thread of thier restore on the site... I received many answers to the effect of "who would want to see that" blink.gif
SGB
The only time I'm not here is when I'm truely working on the car....
spunone
Cause we Drink ALOT beerchug.gif beer3.gif beer.gif drunk.gif oh yeah and some smoke.gif I think w00t.gif
r_towle
cause its a great car....

Pat Garvey
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 16 2008, 02:25 AM) *

Minimum number of separate forums. A lot of places want to make a separate forum for everything, suspension, exhaust, motors, paint, etc. That just splits everyone up. We've tried to keep the number of forums as low as possible and honestly, if I had my way, we'd only have one forum.

Another strong point is that the admin team keeps a fairly low profile and keeps reprimands to a minimum. The community is pretty good at self policing. wink.gif This is also related to my first point. If you have multiple forums, then you have the members who make a point to bitch out anyone who posts in the wrong forum. rolleyes.gif

I also have to agree with Mark (Burger Boy - jeez!).

The forums are specific, yet offer needs within each. The populace knows exactly where to go for help. It's self-policing, though I never see that necessary, and go have that wonderful place called the Sandbox to discuss "other" things. Not to mention that our admins are the greatest. I sometimes wonder when this bubble will burst! Did we mention that this is all FREE!?
Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.