Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I am one lucky guy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyAKAVW
I'm not sure what I did, maybe buying her a pair of red mechannix gloves helped. Either way I'm pretty damn lucky.
wub.gif
-Tony
TonyAKAVW
dfsaf
Joe Bob
Send her up here...trade ya for a blonde with three monsters.....nah, I'll keep the kids..... laugh.gif

Lucky you BTW...she's a keeper......
redshift
That is the part that gives you a backache..

I wonder what the hell it REALLY costs to get a woman to help with tearing up a teener?

laugh.gif

.. it's not over..

M
ChrisReale
Prolly just wanted it outta there faster laugh.gif
914ghost
Tell her to gimme those seatbelts and a drivers side rocker cover! idea.gif
Robert O
Qarl
She looks too clean.

Pretty lady you have! wub.gif
Jeroen
Nothing sexier than a toolwench biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Joe Bob
My kids like the sawzall..... sawzall-smiley.gif
Brad Roberts
Lyressa has installed a couple of complete carper kits and pulled out/installed several dashes. It does make a man proud when the wife works on the 914 with him (or without him).

B
Gint
And she's good lookin too. BONUS!
Brad Roberts
I want to know where she scored those "old school" Nikes. Those where made in the early 80's/late 70's I think.

B
TonyAKAVW
Thanks for the nice comments. I really couldn't believe it, but she really wanted to help out. I got this new roller recently and she saw how excited I was about having a running teener again that she wants to help out. She took out the seatbelts, parking break, parts of the dash, and the rear window. It might be a stretch for her to actually get under the car, but hey, this is pretty damn cool! I can't wait to let her go with the sawzall when its time to cut this heap up.

-Tony
TonyAKAVW
Brad: Those old school Nike's are not that old actually. They are a couple years old, and she tells me that she bought them in Argentina when she was visiting her family there. Buenos Aires is a very fashionable city, so you can get all kinds of retro type stuff. And right now its all really cheap thanks to a devaluation of the peso a couple years ago (was 1:1, now its 3:1).

We just went down there for the holidays. Nothing like 90 degrees and 80% humidity for Christmas.

-Tony
Brad Roberts
Cool. Tell her to wear them to the Dunkle bros meet a few weeks from now so I can see them... laugh.gif clap56.gif

B
Gint
Brad hasn't been shoe shoppin lately. What's old is new again (bell bottomes?). They sell those at all of the athletic shoe joints.
Joe Ricard
Just by the looks of it I can't see any reason to cut up a good roller. Over here on the south right coast that is a gem. sawzall-smiley.gif confused24.gif
Bleyseng
Yeah, but can she Tango?

Geoff
mightyohm
Tony, post the pics of the firewall and long rot.
SirAndy
yupp, nothing like a wife who likes to get dirty in your car! wink.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image

wub.gif
Andy
TonyAKAVW
This car has so much rust in so many places its really not worth keeping. Worse than rust though is the places where the body has warped badly. The firewall, since it has rusted away from the floor, has flexed so much that the rear window (which ermained straight) was touching the metal of the firewall at the ends, and had a 1/2 inch gap in the middle.
The metal trim on the sail panels was replaced by a quarter inch or more of bondo and fiberglass, the longitudinal on the passenger side was bent and warped, that is the places that weren't completely rusted away, the spot where the suspension ties to the chassis in the front trunk was rusted through, and there were about 7 or 8 other spots where bad rust was happening. Might be a gem in the south, but I doubt it.
TonyAKAVW
bhvx
TonyAKAVW
njkp
Joe Ricard
Ok I guess I will retract my not that rusty statement. pray.gif
EdwardBlume
I remember those days of my wife working on 914s..... enjoy it. Then the kids will come. headbang.gif

I recognize the sticker on the back window.. Go GAUCHOS!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.