Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Anyone in or near S.Carolina that can help me out?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
I got a big favor to ask, there is a guy in Anderson, SC that is giving me all of the parts that I need to convert my bus to a pop top (roof of the bus, basically). The problem is that he is 6hrs form Scotty who is a work-aholic that wont have the time to get it. It needs to be picked up by the 24th of April. If any of you can get it, store it, transport it (any or all of the above) that would kick serious ass and I would be very grateful. I could even hook up said person with EvilWerks goods and services idea.gif Can anyone help a brother out?
pray.gif
Joe Owensby
How large are the parts you need picked up. I live about 1 hour from Anderson, and could pick them up and store them in my garage for a while. Minor problem however. I have a Chevy minivan. With seats removed, it can maybe hold a piece about 4' x 4' x 8 feet. If the parts can fit in the van, I will be glad to do this. If not, and no one else around can help, let me know, and I can maybe borrow a trailer to use to get them. I could probably get them this coming weekend, maybe Friday late evening, or Saturday morning. I usually go white water kayaking on weekends, and I could probably schedule a trip to the Chattooga river on Saturday. To get there, I would be passing within 15 miles of Anderson, so it wouldn't be much trouble at all to stop by and pick up some parts. I am not sure where Scotty is from, so I can't help there. JoeO
Dr Evil
Hey Joe,

I dont have actual dimentions, but it is the whole roof of the bus so it is pretty big. Scotty lives near Richmond, VA (6hrs away from Anderson). Do you live closer or farther from VA? I iwll see if I can arrange pickup from you by someone close. I'll be in touch, and thanks!
plas76targa
Mike - is this stuff going to Scotty first or all the way to you in PA? I'd like to help the Richmond to Hershey part. I might have access to a trailer. Only problem is the next three weekends are shot.
Dr Evil
It only needs to go to Scotty in VA. He is gonna install it on the bus and then I can hopefully tow/drive the whole thing home. Looking at the cost of gas and time it is sounding like I will have to pass as there is one between here and Scotty for $200. Also, I am not able to help with it until 4 weeks from now sad.gif
Joe Owensby
I live about 1 hour closer to Virginia. I can try to pick the stuff up on Saturday or maybe Sunday of this coming weekend. Sunday afternoon may be beter. I can stash it in my garage in Spartanburg until we can arrange a pick up. I have relatives on the western side of Charlotte, so a trip up that way is not a big deal. I could possibly work something out to meet someone at or around Charlotte. This could be all free of charge, as long as I have a little flexibility in schedule. I will be out of town from April 24th until May 2, so I can't do much during that time. I would need to know about this weekend by Thursday night, so I can borrow a trailer. I can probably borrow to one of the large utility trailers. I am guessing it is 8 feet long, and has one of the tilt up ramps on the back- ie. the kind that people use to haul around 4 wheelers. Would it handle the top?

Joe
Dr Evil
I have been told that an open 8ft truck bed is sufficient so your set up sounds just fine. You rock, Joe! This sounds doable. I will PM you the guys email so you can set it up with him and your schedule. There is no rush after we get it, only to get it before he moves.
Thanks!
stepuptotheMike
So it looks like I will be making a trip up to the Richmond area on Mother's day weekend. So I don't know if you actually went through with this purchase, but if so I can probably transport it up to Scotty's place.

Let me know.

-Mike
Dr Evil
Boo yah! piratenanner.gif Joe can transport it to Charlotte as he previously intended and you can take to to Scotty! Dude, I am the luckiest guy smile.gif Would you mind coordinating with Joe Owensby?

Gotta love this place.
stepuptotheMike
Holla back Joe
Joe Owensby
When is Mothers day? I will be unable to take it up there until after May 3rd or so. I have to go to Germany on Thursday for a week. Where in Charlotte are you? JoeO
stepuptotheMike
QUOTE(Joe Owensby @ Apr 22 2008, 12:43 AM) *

When is Mothers day? I will be unable to take it up there until after May 3rd or so. I have to go to Germany on Thursday for a week. Where in Charlotte are you? JoeO

Mother's day is May 11th.

I'm actually on the South Carolina side of Lake Wylie.

-Mike
Joe Owensby
I'll be available to meet up with you some time after May 2. I will email you then. We should be able to meet up somewhere near Charlotte. I spent a lot of time on Lake Wylie when I was growing up near Gastonia, many years ago. Maybe some time that weekend? We used to go up highway 5 to the Lake Wyle bridge on the way to Carowinds. Do you have a 914? JoeO
stepuptotheMike
Imagine that..... somebody went and buried a bus in my yard. drunk.gif

Leg 1 of the journey complete.

IPB Image

-Mike
Joe Bob
Jimmy Hoffa is under it???
stepuptotheMike
NO.... a Red Sox jersey. av-943.gif
scotty b
Awesome. On behalf of Mike, thanks Mike huh.gif
Dr Evil
piratenanner.gif

You guys rock! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.