Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa top front seal 914-563-319-10 $30
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
Mikey914
This is the one that goes under the coveted upper and side seals. It hides under that seal. Its where nose of the targa top slides into and provides an additional barrier.

Well after the 3rd try we finally got it right, took some re-tooling on the die to make it right, but the lower lip suck up against the edge nicely.

I did not realize how bad mine really was until I removed it! Note you will need to take an sharp scissors or exacto knife to cut the notch for the center. It's just in the fin not all the way through. I used my old one as a guide, it took me about 2 minutes.

$30

Thanks to all for your support.
pavpav12
I need one
rfuerst911sc
I'd buy one.
jsayre914
i need one rolleyes.gif
db9146
I'm in.
tango-52
Put me down for two.
pavpav12
i need one
Howie's 914
You know I need one.
FourBlades

I need a set of everything you have.... biggrin.gif

John
budman5201
I'll take one too!
scotty b
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Apr 23 2008, 04:59 PM) *

I need a set of everything you have.... biggrin.gif

John

biggrin.gif So about a complete rubber kit ....................... popcorn[1].gif
Mikey914
Well having some fun with this one. First run the pins on the dies bumped out and gave inconsistencies in the wall thickness. The 1st picture shows this well. The run today the wall thickness was consistent, but the gap opened up where the end connects to the inside of the windshield frame. We will be able to do another proving run this next week. I think with some tweaking to the die we will have this one ready to run. I know that I had hoped to have the first article this week, but we should have it 100% this next Wednesday.

Just a progress report. Will be able about 1 week after the proving run (28th-29th). This is when the outer door seals are coming off the other press, so lots happening last week of May.
rhodyguy
nice. can you make a inner dash to windshield seal that works? that one has a metal channel type affair incased that sort of grips the edge. i don't know how you'd get around that.
Mikey914
Thanks, I'm actually working on the inner windshield seal. I'm at the place where I'm waiting for a sample of the OEM seal. None of my cars have the windshield out right now. SO, if you or anyone has a small section you could send me I will need a Beta tester.
Thanks,
Mark
Mikey914
Updated with installed pictures. You can see the difference of the thickness of the walls and how they are more uniform now. That double hollow was a PITA !!!

Tried it out, Mine fits perfectly! (Pictures at first posting)
Mikey914
PRICE REDUCED, need to move some of these to pay for some new tooling.
$28 each
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.