Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Porsche forum boards slow down?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
horizontally-opposed
So I look at a lot of Porsche forums from time to time, and have always been impressed by how quickly threads get punted onto the second page. But not lately, however.

Is it just me, or are people posting/viewing less? Not so much here, but elsewhere, such as RL, RT, 6SPD, early911Sreg, etc. Is there a great way to measure this that I, being a non-computer type, am missing?

Sign of economy?

Sign of nothing?

Sign of waning interest in car forums (I doubt this...)?

Sign of distraction in a world gone mad?

idea.gif

pete
ConeDodger
Pete,

I think it has only slowed a bit here. Every morning for the last three months I have bumped the WCR post with a Top 100 blurb. By the next morning it has moved almost always to the next page. I would say it has slipped by about eight spots total in the last 3 months.

Perhaps a sign of presenile dementia??? biggrin.gif
TravisNeff
it's a sign that its not summertime yet, well at least in the other parts of the world.. it's starting to get pretty warm in AZ
SirAndy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 16 2008, 01:42 PM) *

I think it has only slowed a bit here.

actually, it's the opposite ... shades.gif

we had a sharp drop right after the split and we've been going up in traffic ever since.

we're almost back to pre-split postcounts ...
piratenanner.gif Andy
horizontally-opposed
It's not here I see the slowdown.

It's elsewhere.

Makes me wonder.... Economy? Mortgage and home equity garbage? Gas prices? Or perhaps (ridiculous) anti-car sentiment sinking in? Or Pete is crazy?

I'm voting for the latter. unsure.gif

pete

SirAndy
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Apr 16 2008, 03:09 PM) *

Or Pete is crazy?

in that case, how about another northbay backroads fun run?
w00t.gif Andy
ConeDodger
I'm in... NO REALLY! I AM!!! The fan belt issue has been taken care of. biggrin.gif
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 16 2008, 04:16 PM) *

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Apr 16 2008, 03:09 PM) *

Or Pete is crazy?

in that case, how about another northbay backroads fun run?
w00t.gif Andy

Sounds good to me. driving.gif

When? Weekdays are best, and quietest. Two weeks from now? Oh wait, I'll have to roll my GTI. Think you can keep up? smoke.gif

pete
SirAndy
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Apr 16 2008, 03:53 PM) *

When? Weekdays are best, and quietest. Two weeks from now? Oh wait, I'll have to roll my GTI. Think you can keep up? smoke.gif

i'll try biggrin.gif

depends if burger-boy can fix my steering column by then.

i'll be at thunderhill April 25-26-27, but other than that ...
driving.gif Andy
r_towle
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Apr 16 2008, 05:35 PM) *

So I look at a lot of Porsche forums from time to time, and have always been impressed by how quickly threads get punted onto the second page. But not lately, however.

Is it just me, or are people posting/viewing less? Not so much here, but elsewhere, such as RL, RT, 6SPD, early911Sreg, etc. Is there a great way to measure this that I, being a non-computer type, am missing?

Sign of economy?

Sign of nothing?

Sign of waning interest in car forums (I doubt this...)?

Sign of distraction in a world gone mad?

idea.gif

pete

Springtime.
Jake Raby
Our forums are busier right now that they have been in 8 months! The server shows it for sure..

And it's spring and all the guys that SHOULD have been working on the car beginning in October of last year are just now doing the work...

And the phone is ringing off the hook... I am so tired of saying "Sorry, can't help you- should have started this project in November"..

Pete, can we talk tonight? If so ring me- I'll be here all night!
horizontally-opposed
Cool. I'll have to see if I can dig up something interesting to drive, as I just remembered the GTI's brakes fade miserably waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too quickly in hardcore, low-speed backroad sections.

I suspect a pad change might help, but I think a 997 GT2 is imminent...

pete
ericread
I agree that hte other boards have slowed down.

As for me, I used to search about four different 914 boards. But since about November of 2007, I switched to this board and pretty much stopped going on the other boards.

Why did I switch? Because of the people on this board. The members here are helpful, interesting, funny and sometimes a bit touched (insane). I have never been involved in a BBS community that is as helpful as this board, and I have been involved in computer networking since the mid-1970's.

From the welcome messages to a newbie, the expert advice from a senior member all the way to the memorial messages marking a member's passing, this BBS is by far the best 914 forum available today. You just don't get that in the other boards.

My thanks to all for making this an online community that is more than the sum of it's parts. And it's got great pictures of 914's! biggrin.gif

Eric_Shea
Maybe everybody is reading magazines these days... biggrin.gif

BTW... both users are still very active on the early911Sreg. Not sure what this "slow down" is you're suggesting. lol3.gif
McMark
How 'bout a Hooky Friday™ run on the 2nd?
Krieger
I think posting is down on the rich car sites, they've been figuring their deductions. Us CSOB 914 drivers got it together.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.