Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake light blinking
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Thack
I read somewhere if your emergency brake light on the dash is blinking after a m/c install, you have to re-set the switch. How do I do this?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Thack @ Apr 16 2008, 02:45 PM) *

I read somewhere if your emergency brake light on the dash is blinking after a m/c install, you have to re-set the switch. How do I do this?

on the single pole boot there is a small rubber booted reset switch next to the wire terminal. It is of course on the side of the cylinder up underneath the rack and pinion cover
Thack
the reset switch is in the wiring to the pole or it's on the m/c?

Is this it?
blitZ
That's it.
zymurgist
Doesn't it also blink if there is an open circuit on the switch that is operated by the hand brake lever?
Spoke
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Apr 17 2008, 08:20 AM) *

Doesn't it also blink if there is an open circuit on the switch that is operated by the hand brake lever?

Normal operation of MC switch and E-brake switch are open circuits. These 2 guys are wired in parallel from ground to the indicator circuit such that closing either one of the switches causes the dash indicator to light.
zymurgist
Hmmm. Here's what happened with Babydoll. I was able to get the blinking to stop, when I adjusted the switch exactly right on the parking brake lever. (It rarely does line up right, but in this case I was able to get it to work.) Later, I had to pull the driver's seat to fix the seat mechanism, and in the process I broke off the connector that goes to the switch. So it's definitely an open circuit now, but the light keeps a-blinking.

This would bother me more if I actually drove the car, but it and its owner are 80 miles away. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.