Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT-New SPEEDSTER @ 430-hp. (photo's)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Hi Guys,

I know some of you don't like OT, but it's car related. I went by ROUSCH's assembly plant again today and snapped a few interesting cars waiting in their shipping docks.

I wonder how they get by using Porsche's SPEEDSTER logo?? unsure.gif

Hope you guys enjoy the photo's and a little encouragement will get more photo's. stirthepot.gif

Tom
TJB/914
page #2
The Price!!

T
TJB/914
How about a Black & Yellow. popcorn[1].gif

T
zymurgist
Callaway also built a "Speedster"...

http://www.rogerscorvette.com/spots/feb05/spot.htm
TJB/914
How about RED!!!

For Pete if he's listening, we know he is looking at RED paint. w00t.gif

T
dw914er
mmmm 427!!!!

i personally dont like the decklid spoiler, and i think it needs bigger and wider rims

im also not the biggest fan of fords (new or old), so whenever the camaro comes out, they should do some good performance parts (like a roush company) for them.
TJB/914
QUOTE(dw914er @ Apr 16 2008, 03:24 PM) *

mmmm 427!!!!

i personally dont like the decklid spoiler, and i think it needs bigger and wider rims

im also not the biggest fan of fords (new or old), so whenever the camaro comes out, they should do some good performance parts (like a roush company) for them.

Hi Ben,

You mean this piece of junk. stirthepot.gif

T
Cap'n Krusty
Auburn built a "Speedster", Lotus built one sold under the Opel badge, and various companies have built replica speedsters for years. Porsche hasn't seemed to want to protect the speedster lettering font, though, and the kit car guys have abused it since the '70s. BTW, there's a ton of fake Auburns, too. The Cap'n
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Apr 16 2008, 04:18 PM) *

How about RED!!!

For Pete if he's listening, we know he is looking at RED paint. w00t.gif

T

Can you call the owner and tell him to turn off the red?

It's hurting my eyes!

pete
horizontally-opposed
Both the Camaro and the Mustang are hoopty in my book.

Didn't used to be, and I still like Mustangs of the 1960s, early 1970s, and mid-1980s. A lot can be done with them.

Even like Camaros, 1968-69 and early split-bumper cars.

But the current ones are abominations and irrelevant, like so many cars are these days. I know people on the Mustang deal at Ford and I'm told the dead-on proportions of the (amazing) Mustang show car coupe of a few years ago that gave birth to the current truck-like Stang was ruined so that:

1) four adults could ride in it
2) with four golf bags

headbang.gif

Don't get me started on what else I learned about design limitations dictated by cost, such as a cap on turn-signal bulb cost that ditched a VERY cool (and probably cheaper in the long run) design idea for the production car.

pete
dw914er
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Apr 16 2008, 04:40 PM) *

QUOTE(dw914er @ Apr 16 2008, 03:24 PM) *

mmmm 427!!!!

Hi Ben,

You mean this piece of junk. stirthepot.gif

T

i guess you dont like the camaros?

i can go either way, but im a chevy fan at heart. The camaros, in the day, were usually more powerful, quicker, etc. Mustangs are good, but im much much more picky about them. Older ones, has to be gt package, dual carbs, power brakes, power steering etc. Or a cougar i like. The early 70s have to have ram air, 351 cleveland, etc. But this is me just being really picky.

also, you could fit 4 adults into a camaro/mustang. Just the falcon/nova, it was alot harder.
dw914er
for some biography, i worked at a hot rod/classic car dealership in high school, so i learned about which options were more valuable, or gave more power. Also, for most of the classic cars, power steering is a must.

Also, i have some tales of driving some old fords/chevys/mopars etc. And i was also always biased to mopar and GM.

Also, my pickyness is just me deciding, if i can, i will get the best one i can. Dare to dream i guess. My car list is pretty long, and actually really detailed. Now to win the lotto to afford all of the cars, and the garage. lol
shelby/914
I personally like this old Mustang, had it for 29 years. and yes it's real

Click to view attachment
KELTY360
Now that's a real Mustang! I had a '66 2+2, 289 4V....schweet car, but not a 914.

This post was strictly post whore mode to try to be #1,000,000 aktion035.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Apr 16 2008, 06:38 PM) *

Now that's a real Mustang! I had a '66 2+2, 289 4V....schweet car, but not a 914.

Damn, 6 short
KELTY360

Damn, 6 short

Damn, 4 short
KELTY360
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Apr 16 2008, 06:39 PM) *

Damn, 6 short

Damn, 4 short

damn, 3 short
KELTY360
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Apr 16 2008, 06:40 PM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Apr 16 2008, 06:39 PM) *

Damn, 6 short

Damn, 4 short

Well, somebody got it! 1,000,003 WooHoo smilie_pokal.gif

damn, 3 short

TJB/914
Last ones, orange, silver & white truck. bye1.gif

T
TJB/914
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ Apr 16 2008, 04:09 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Dan,

Beautiful Mustang. pray.gif

I wish I kept my old RED 1970 MACH-1

T
TJB/914
Pete has me thinking RED popcorn[1].gif

I've had sooo many RED cars in my life & it started with this 1929-Hi-boy roadster. I am a product of the 50's & this one was painted a 1957 Buick Red. Buick Red was a polular color everyone used in my youth.

BTW: This roadster was my very first built car. Started with a V/8 Ford Flathead & than a dual carb 283-Chevy Corvette motor. I was just a poor kid building whatever we could find cheap. The Chevy motor was built on the dirt floor in my dad's barn. The 50's were wonderful times & we didn't know how much fun we were having till years later. I just wish I kept a few of them.

T
horizontally-opposed
NOW we're looking at some cool American cars. Outside the new CTS and *maybe* a Z06, I wouldn't be caught dead buying a new American car.

It really saddens me.

Pete
RJMII
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ Apr 16 2008, 06:09 PM) *

My dad's had his 65 fastbak since he was 15... so doing the math really quick... 37 years now. It's at his brother's body shop in WA, or I'd get some pictures of it to post. It's getting redone with 4 wheel disc brakes, hopped up engine, 4 spd, yadda yadda... and probably blue paint like it was originally.
Midtowner
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Apr 16 2008, 08:53 PM) *

Outside the new CTS and *maybe* a Z06, I wouldn't be caught dead buying a new American car.

It really saddens me.

Pete

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too being an import guy all my life. Test drive a Chrysler/Dodge LX vehicles (300, Charger, Magnum). It might change your mind. smile.gif
watsonrx13
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Apr 16 2008, 07:10 PM) *

Hi Guys,

I know some of you don't like OT, but it's car related. I went by ROUSCH's assembly plant again today and snapped a few interesting cars waiting in their shipping docks.

I wonder how they get by using Porsche's SPEEDSTER logo?? unsure.gif

Hope you guys enjoy the photo's and a little encouragement will get more photo's. stirthepot.gif

Tom

Wow, not only did they build the Speedster, but they also built the BumbleBee and Creamsicle... creamsicle914.jpg

-- Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.