Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 D-jet Stumbles & dies @ idle D-cell valve?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
justme
headbang.gif
So, I've had my teener for a little over a year ( love it,drive it more than my 911 ) but one nagging thing needs attention.

First off the car is in recent tune and valve adjust. The car fires up no problem but after warming up & driving it will stumble & die at idle.
All the rubber lines are new.
Tried bringing it up with the idle adjust, no real response.

Any ideas?????
Help!!!!!

THANKS!!!!!!!
driving.gif
ejm
Does the pressure sensor hold vacuum? Where in Mass. are you?

Pat Garvey
When you say that you've changed all the rubber lines, does that include the vacuum lines? Are they all mounted correctly? Leaks are really bad things with these, though your MPS is also suspect.
Pat
justme
Hi Guy's ,

Yes, changed all the vacuum lines and followed the Bird's tech for routing, though all the ones I replaced seemed to be routed ok. The sensor also holds vacuum. Here's one more clue?? If I have it warm with the air cleaner off it idles fine, maybe a little high but no drop off & stumble.
Now I do have a set of 36 Dell's & a set of 34ICT's with all the goodies but I was going to wait on a engine upgrade ( 1911 or 2056 ) to mount the carbs, but.......?
I'm in Southampton, CVR member. Try to AX when possible and if you click the link you'll see my teener at ALMS. I'm trying to get up to NE for AX this season also, maybe SCCA for fun & seat time.

Thanks for the help!
driving.gif
Bleyseng
Check again for Vacuum leaks.....

Check dizzy to see that the advance weights aren't sticking...

Check dizzy vacuum advance

Points? swap in a set of electronic points replacements

Check that the warm idle isn't set too rich...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.