Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Value of a Canadian/California Teener
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
I'm thinking of selling my P1. Really nice Daily Driver. Wife says I have too many cars.

'72 California car until 90's - completely rebuilt 1.7 engine and tranny ~ 2500km
fully restored - completed in 2005
upgrades - center console, SS HE, Malhes, SS exhaust along with OEM, optional Neoprene higher side bolster driver seat
Car was appraised @ $17,000 for insurance but I know that selling for 2/3 appraised value might be more realistic.

Just wondering what the club members in Canada or Northern US think the resale possibilities would be for such a car?
Mark Henry
Hard to say, what you want and what you get is 2 different things.

That said... if you're after 2/3 of appraised (about $11500 asking) I think it should move. Your big issue is your GWN location.

You should drive it down to the Niagra Falls, June Jitterbug VW show, enter it (good chance of winning 914 class) with a for sale sign in the window.
Mark Henry
Hey Doug I just had a great idea! idea.gif
You could bring it down to my place and let me drive it around while it's for sale. I'm only an hour from TO.

biggrin.gif smoke.gif laugh.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Hay Mark:

How about a link to that June Jetter Bug Show , I might just drive

over. Need some where to go every month this season . Dave slap.gif
Mark Henry
Dave, here's a list of all of the near Ontario shows.
http://www.johnsbugshop.com/COMING%20EVENTS.htm

If you do get to the jitterbug I might be there...I don't know if I'll be vending or showing, but most likely I'll have my green and white '67 split bus...Look me up!
tracks914
I'd travel that far to deliver a car for a sale but just to see if it would sell would be a long haul.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.