Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vinyl race numbers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
campbellcj
Subject says it -- time for new numbers and I'm looking for somebody who makes attractive yet affordable stuff.

Pegasus has them, but their designs are very plain (boring).

SoloTime seems to only do magnetics now.
Part Pricer
Chris -

Here is a list of places you can get them.

http://www.racepages.com/Vinyl_Graphics/
campbellcj
I've got a few good leads between here & the rennlist. Thanks guys.

Here are some of the color/style combo's I'm playing with. I need to take a clean side shot of the car so I can photochop the trim (bumper and rocker etc) & number alternatives in a real pic.
Brad Roberts
I really really like some of the grey and orange combo's.

I was going to suggest Marks buddy from Atlanta to do your graphics.

B
Jeroen
Hey Chris,

In your original post I believe you wrote you didn't want something plain and boring
An this is all you can come up with?
Come on, be wild biggrin.gif

Cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
how bout sumbtin like dis?

cheers,

Jeroen
campbellcj
Jeroen - yeah that's sweet (hey, I'm no artist). I was trying to figure out basic colors first.

I am worried that if I go with orange numbers or meatball, the color would not match the car closely enough. I think orange would work well for an outline though.

I definitely like the grey-silver combo's too. That was your idea originally. I am still thinking about using some medium grey on the trim (bumpers, rockers). I got some grey POR-15 for the interior floors. I might repaint the cage grey too.
campbellcj
Or I just realized that on your design, the orange inside the numbers could actually be the body color -- just cut out the numbers and let the paint show thru.

I like it.
seanery
Chris,

If you do cutouts for the #'s be really careful during the install, they'll bend in all the wrong ways.

I got my #'s throught Kennedy Fabrication. The guy is on the 356 registry talk list. They are nice and
have the Porsche script about 2 1/2 tall under the #.

The guy that did them for me is George Grenier his email isgrenier@georgegrenier.com

Here is a quick sample of how they look, not real exciting, but will look nice on a gt bodied car.

-sean
Jeroen
Hey Chris,

Yep, you're right, the orange wouldn't be vinyl, but just a cut-out.

If you like this one, or if you want me to do anything else, I can send you the file (not an image).
You put it on a disk and take it to any vinyl cutters shop and they can cut it for you.

The porsche-font is no problem either.
Remeber the porsche.ttf that you use on your website? That's mine biggrin.gif

Cheers,

Jeroen
campbellcj
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Jan 8 2003, 12:56 PM)
Hey Chris,

Yep, you're right, the orange wouldn't be vinyl, but just a cut-out.

If you like this one, or if you want me to do anything else, I can send you the file (not an image).
You put it on a disk and take it to any vinyl cutters shop and they can cut it for you.

The porsche-font is no problem either.
Remeber the porsche.ttf that you use on your website? That's mine biggrin.gif

Cheers,

Jeroen

Sure, the file for that exact one would be cool. Is it Adobe Illustrator or something similar?

I bet the graphic artist we use for work (right down the hall) actually has a vinyl cutter he uses. He has signs and banners made all the time, for conventions (exhibitor booths) etc.

So you made that Porsche font that's floating all over the Internet? Kewl..
Jeroen
Hey Chris,

I just e-mailed you the file
It's a (vector based) .EPS file
The graphixguy "down the hall" should be able to handle it (lemme know if he don't)
Just for refference, show him the .jpg on this page as well

Oh, and post pics when the #'s are on your car biggrin.gif

Cheers,

Jeroen
7TPorsh
Ok, I know, old thread....but.

I used google and the search and this was the most pertinent thread. But I think this is from before the drunk.gif split. beer.gif No pictures.....

I'm looking for a current source for a race number (roundel?) or something custom. I figure my paint is slowly getting it's patina from zooming around the mountains that I want to maybe sticker it up like a rally car.

So please post your pics of "numbers" ...and sources. Something with Porsche on it would be cool....want to keep it "period correct" . The plain round stickers on ebay and amazon are stupid expensive for just a round piece or vinyl.
Dave_Darling
No Bad Days graphics. Member "Joe Bob" (mostly posts in the Sandbox) runs it. We were happy with the roundels that we got for my wife's 911SC.

--DD
jmill
Have you asked at your local vinyl shop? Got this done at my local shop and the stickers were fairly cheap. The install was the spendy part.
Maltese Falcon
Chris...check this place out on iGram
Carboneliveries.
He was just at the L.A. Lit show , but they are overseas...freight real cheap on stickers /vinyl. Does custom work real nice !
Marty
flat4guy
I had a set of 16" meatballs made for my Cobra R, 2 of them 3 colors were $45. It was at Signs Now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.