Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nominations for May/June: Car of the Month Contest!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
Good morning! Nominations for the May/June Car of the Month are now open - please use this thread to nominate & second nominations!

The first five cars nominated (and seconded) will be be on the ballot. The winning car will be featured on the homepage during March and April. Also, the winner will receive a snazzy award-graphic for their member profile!!

Nomination Procedures

1. Example: Someone nominates (hypothetically) Betty's 1974 1.8 as COTM. Short narratives and/or details are not only allowed - they're encouraged!
2. The nomination must include the member's Board name and a picture of the car or a link to their 914World blog.
3. Someone else seconds that nomination for Betty's car (at this point, the nomination is official).
4. Once five cars have been nominated and seconded to be COTM, the nominations are complete.
5. Next, voting!

-Rusty smoke.gif

Rules

1. For the purpose of this contest, a "914" is defined as a car that started life and still retains the general shape and characteristics of a 914. (Lightened cars? Fine. Tube framed, firebreathing monsters? Sure, if they generally look like a 914. V8/Suby conversion cars? Cool. A 914-based trike? Okay! A sandrail with no 914 components but 914 drivetrain and suspension? No. Get the idea? smile.gif )
2. Also, to be eligible for nomination, the car must be owned by an active 914World Member and picture posted on a 914World thread or blog.
3. The Admin team will open a separate thread for nominations before the beginning of the month.
4. Any active (defined as at least 5 posts in the last month) 914World member may nominate any active member. The nomination must include the member's Board name and a picture of the car or a link to their 914World blog.
5. No self-nominations, please. smile.gif
6. All COTM nominations must be "seconded" by another member.
7. Once five COTM nominations that are seconded, nominations will be closed.
8. We will open a thread for to vote for COTM. Voting will last 10 calendar days!
9. The car with the greatest number of votes wins COTM!
10. Once a car wins Car of the Month, that car is eligible to win again until the next calendar year.
11. A member fortunate enough to have two or more stunning cars may win multiple times a year - it's really the car that wins COTM, not the member.
TROJANMAN
LVsteveH - 914 Conversion
It's running a pretty hot Buick 4.1L that's basically a big bore naturally aspirated Grand National motor. It's a great platform and it fits in a 914 with no cutting at all. They are very well supported in the aftermarket thanks to all the Grand Nationals and turbo regals.

Around 275hp and it weighs close to a stock 914; good fuel economy and drivability, fantastic stereo, a/c, heat, emergency brake, not too low, and it goes like hell. It even sounds great, not too loud at all.

Trevorg7
I nominate Mike Wills Car. Restoration thread can be found here.

A beautiful Series 9 3.2 5 lug conversion.

T
TROJANMAN
I'll second Mike's car (even though he should have left it Copper)
But I think Steve's is faster biggrin.gif
McMark
I second Steve's car. That blacked out trim is nice.
Gustl
I nominate George's 916
Crazyhippy
I nominate Plymouth37's Bare metal beast...
It was shown @ the GAF 2 years ago, is powered by a mildly hot-rodded wrx motor, and all of the work was done himself (interior, body work, motor, Minor cage, suspesnion, etc)

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gustl @ Apr 17 2008, 10:49 AM) *

I nominate George's 916

i second the 916!
driving.gif Andy
jd74914
I second Crazyhippy's nomination. smile.gif
TROJANMAN

I nominate George's 916

But it's not a 914 laugh.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Apr 17 2008, 03:12 PM) *

I nominate George's 916

No, It's REAL Porsche.... biggrin.gif
TravisNeff
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 17 2008, 01:21 PM) *

We don't do that kind around here. biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 17 2008, 12:21 PM) *

QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Apr 17 2008, 03:12 PM) *

I nominate George's 916

actually, his 916 was the one that was build on a bastard 914/4 chassis, so technically, it's a conversion and thus qualifies!
shades.gif Andy
TROJANMAN
do tell...........is it not a factory 916? (just curious) wink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Apr 17 2008, 12:35 PM) *

do tell...........is it not a factory 916? (just curious) wink.gif

it *is* a factory 916!

it's just that porsche used a 914-4 chassis instead of a 914-6 chassis to build the car ...
bye1.gif Andy
Gustl
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Apr 17 2008, 08:23 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 17 2008, 01:21 PM) *

We don't do that kind around here. biggrin.gif

IPB Image

beerchug.gif Gustl
TeenerTim
I nominate degreeoff. Even though it's not done, this car is awesome!
Click to view attachment
Rusty
Greg,

I love Steve's car... but do we have pictures or a thread about it hosted here at 914world?

2. Also, to be eligible for nomination, the car must be owned by an active 914World Member and picture posted on a 914World thread or blog.

We don't want to lose these images when they get deleted by off-site hosts. sad.gif

-Rusty smile.gif
TJB/914
I would like to nominate Kelly Manley's AKA=akellym beautiful blue 914.

Tom
Rusty
That blue color is gorgeous... I second the nomination for Kelly's car! smile.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Rusty @ Apr 17 2008, 03:47 PM) *

That blue color is gorgeous... I second the nomination for Kelly's car! smile.gif

agree.gif Real NARPs only need 4 lugs.
SirAndy
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Apr 17 2008, 03:19 PM) *

Real NARPs only need 4 lugs.

i'd feel much safer if it had 16 ...
shades.gif Andy
degreeoff
Can I nominate myself? LOL I have a tuner guru on his way for tomorrow and we'll be spiffy then. First Auto X is either SCCA this Sun OR th PCA on the 27th....
Rusty
Nope... but someone can second your nomination. smile.gif
Crazyhippy
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Apr 17 2008, 03:37 PM) *

I would like to nominate Kelly Manley's AKA=akellym beautiful blue 914.

Tom

2nd, that car is Gorgeous!!!
Gint
QUOTE(Rusty @ Apr 17 2008, 02:57 PM) *
Greg,

I love Steve's car... but do we have pictures or a thread about it hosted here at 914world?

We don't want to lose these images when they get deleted by off-site hosts. sad.gif

-Rusty smile.gif

I'm not Greg (thank god), but... now we do. I third the nomination for Steve's car.

IPB Image
BMXerror
I second Degreeoff's car simply for the color! That's awesome!
Mark D.
PeeGreen 914
I don't have the picture on hand but will someone please nominate Puals 3.6l black 914.......I love that car.
Rusty
Thanks, guys.

The first 5 cars nominated and seconded belonged to:

1. LvSteveH
2. Mike Wills
3. George (his 916)
4. Plymouth37
5. akellym

We'll open a thread for voting on the 20th!
greg.treadway
I nominate Greg Treadway's 914 that is being held hostage by George Hussey and Automobile Atlanta.

Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
I second Paul Sayegh's Car.... It goes almost as fast as this car but looks much different! biggrin.gif

daveyboybadion
I third Paul Sayegh's Car. The continuing series of the build in Excellence magazine has been both illuminating and inspirational...daveyboy
MoveQik
QUOTE(Trevorg7 @ Apr 17 2008, 10:05 AM) *

I nominate Mike Wills Car. Restoration thread can be found here.

A beautiful Series 9 3.2 5 lug conversion.

T

Very kind of you T. I owe you a beer for that one. drunk.gif
Rusty
Uhhh... nominations were closed... I should have closed this thread. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.