914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Pat Garvey
So, tell use how the bubble worked?

Surely you're out of it now!
TJB/914
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Apr 17 2008, 08:02 PM) *

Hey Pat, you talking to me. unsure.gif Been busy making a living in a bad Michigan business climate. headbang.gif I've been taking on too many work projects & fun stuff has suffered.

BTW: I just had my yearly physical & the Doc. said I will probablly live into my 90's. I'll be around a long time. av-943.gif

Tom
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Apr 18 2008, 06:31 AM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Apr 17 2008, 08:02 PM) *

Hey Pat, you talking to me. unsure.gif Been busy making a living in a bad Michigan business climate. headbang.gif I've been taking on too many work projects & fun stuff has suffered.

BTW: I just had my yearly physical & the Doc. said I will probablly live into my 90's. I'll be around a long time. av-943.gif

Tom

Tom, Did I say "Bliz"? No, I said Biz. You Michigan guys need to talk to each to each other.

However - always happy to hear from my good bud that I've yet to meet. How's the "pimple" these days? Havit it on straight yet?
Pat bootyshake.gif
orthobiz
Damn, I'm not paying attention! A thread with my name in it, no less and I missed it!

I think today is the day my car comes out of the bubble. Yesterday I dusted it off and checked out short gravel road that leads to my pole barn: everything looks great, thanks!

Paul

PS BLIZ promised to stop by and meet BIZ this year. I'll have my camera ready when it happens...
TJB/914
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Apr 20 2008, 05:29 AM) *

PS BLIZ promised to stop by and meet BIZ this year. I'll have my camera ready when it happens...

Hi Paul,
I am looking forward to meeting you in Cadillac one of these days. I go there on business 2 or 3 times a year to the wood burning Resource Recovery Power plant in Cadillac. I will be starting my summer routine next month when we open up our summer place in Petoskey. My wife stays there all summer & I commute downstate each weekend. That's the only time I can get work done on my 914 when she's in P-town. Some people think I have it pretty good living this life & you know what, It's great!!! The whole summer I can eat when I want, cruise when I want, jump up on the bed with my shoes on, Oh well you get the picture, than I go to P-town for the weekend honey-moon. av-943.gif Such a life. rolleyes.gif Paul: I'll call ahead when I know my schedule.

BTW: I say our summer place, sounds expensive, but it's just a little condo on the lake between Petoskey & Harbor Springs.

Tom

orthobiz
Tom, I look forward to meeting you.

Anyway, car started right up, no drama!

The only touchy part is riding about 1/10 a mile on a gravel road to get to the barn. In first gear with foot off the accelerator, minimal dust. My pole barn is on the left:
IPB Image

My buddies and I have three bays like this:
IPB Image

Some have asked about the bubble. This is a closeup of the fan that's in the front of the bubble. It has a foam filter and the fan runs continuously to keep the bubble inflated.
IPB Image

Not only was the car free of any dust (bubble obviously off in this picture)
IPB Image

But, the rotors were free of rust:
IPB Image

And hardly any oil on the cardboard under the engine all winter
IPB Image

Aren't you glad you asked! Driving it today put an indelible smile on my face. I was 19 all over again!

Biz
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Apr 20 2008, 09:47 PM) *

Tom, I look forward to meeting you.

Anyway, car started right up, no drama!

The only touchy part is riding about 1/10 a mile on a gravel road to get to the barn. In first gear with foot off the accelerator, minimal dust. My pole barn is on the left:
IPB Image

My buddies and I have three bays like this:
IPB Image

Some have asked about the bubble. This is a closeup of the fan that's in the front of the bubble. It has a foam filter and the fan runs continuously to keep the bubble inflated.
IPB Image

Not only was the car free of any dust (bubble obviously off in this picture)
IPB Image

But, the rotors were free of rust:
IPB Image

And hardly any oil on the cardboard under the engine all winter
IPB Image

Aren't you glad you asked! Driving it today put an indelible smile on my face. I was 19 all over again!

Biz

Nice!

Though I wasn't "bubbleized" (& that may change next fall), my requisite piece of cardboard looked pretty much like yours, though my one "stain" may have been leftover from the fall.

I really love a leakless 914! So does the old lady!!!!!!!!
Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.