Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whoopee! I've been accepted for the Cup Racing School.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
sww914
I've finally completed enough recent Time Trial weekends to apply for the POC Cup Racing School and I just got my acceptance email.
When I started with the POC you were only required to have completed 2 TT weekends after you got your TT license to apply. With a very sick kid by the time that I got those 2 done they had changed the rules to 4 weekends. By the time my kid was done trying to die of something 8 times a year and I had completed the 4 weekends they had changed the rules to 6 weekends. Then my wife got hurt and ended up in a wheelchair for a year, got a bit better and I've completed 7 weekends. I've actually been on the track a lot more than that but the POC doesn't count non-timed events so all my DE days with my local PCA at Buttonwillow and DE days with the Coastal Driving school at Laguna and Buttonwillow don't count, and the 2 times that my car broke late in the weekend don't count because I didn't finish the timed runs. So now that all of the normal life BS is out of the way I get to really go racing instead of just driving around the track really fast. I was getting really nervous about it but then it occurred to me that I know several complete morons that have done it, I'm sure that I can do better than some of those unconscious lumps.
I can't wait until next weekend!
boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
Now all I need to do is finish installing a window net, a roof net, SFI padding, a new harness, fix my motor mount, finish my new breather setup, change the oil and adjust the valves, replace the brake pads, check all the nuts and bolts, clean the car, load the camper onto the truck, fix the camper wire harness, dump the poop tank, fill the propane, go grocery shopping, pack the camper, load the car, hook up the trailer, get everybody and the dog in the truck, fill it up with gas, and GO!
Heeltoe914
Even after all that you will still have a great time. Wish I was ready to join you.
drew365
QUOTE(sww914 @ Apr 18 2008, 07:19 PM) *

I was getting really nervous about it but then it occurred to me that I know several complete morons that have done it, I'm sure that I can do better than some of those unconscious lumps.

Hey, you're gonna hurt my feelings! biggrin.gif
Your two Racers Clinics will be a couple of the most memorable track events you attend. Keep your nose clean and the car in one piece. If your car breaks and you can't complete a clinic, it doesn't count. My car broke at the end of the day Saturday and a friend let me use his 911 to finish Sunday. I had never driven a 911 before and here I was going to race one that didn't belong to me. It all worked out okay, even after we hurridly changed the brake pads and put one of the rear tires on the front and I went out and ran the Blue race like that. I told hlim the car seemed to be pulling a little. confused24.gif
They will tell you that they are watching and they won't pass you if they think your sandbagging. Just don't do anything heroic and you'll be fine.
brant
this is awesome
your going to have an absolute blast

I just finished instructing our race clinic yesterday and I guarantee you will have a blast!

brant
race914
smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif

A C C E P T E D ! ! !

Wasn't that an Alice Cooper Video?

IPB Image

I always get Alice & SWW914 mixed up since they both scare old hippies poke.gif

Congrats Steve!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.