Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I got a new toy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
madd_dogg_914
I got a new toy today. I got rid of my 1998 Lexus GS400 and I picked up this sweet 2001 Chevrolet Silverado LS 2500HD Quad Cab with lift and fatty tires. Gonna be wierd jumpin from this to the teener, but FUN! Pics to follow.

-Chris
madd_dogg_914
Front
madd_dogg_914
Back
madd_dogg_914
Back, uder side
madd_dogg_914
Side shot (She is a BEAST)
madd_dogg_914
Closeup on the wheel/tire This is gonna be the big hit for autoX this year guys. This is a 37" x 12.5" Super Swamper on a 17" Weld Racing Wheel.
Brad Roberts
Cool. Now you can pull a trailer...LOL

Front trunk completion was delayed do to poison oak. Oh.. and I will finish the car in Redwood city.

Any idea how or why these holes where in your trunk ??

B
Scott Carlberg
Congrats Chris, that's, a nice looking truck.

Not really sure you're going to need a trailer though right?
Looks like you could almost just hoist the teener onto the bed of the truck! lol
Rgreen914
What's up with the "dual" exhausts? If it's like my '99 Burb, it came with dual "cats" but they exit into a single outlet muffler. I'm running a single 3-1/2" tailpipe/muffler from Banks Power (along with JBA headers). I know those "dual" systems are quite the "thing" in the Central Valley but rare in So Cal. Love the color and 4x flares, my truck is similarly equipped but no lift and only slightly larger tires.
madd_dogg_914
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 18 2004, 10:49 AM)
Any idea how or why these holes where in your trunk ??

B

I don't know. They have been there since I got the car in 1989 AFAIK. Does that have anything to do wwith the suspension being messed up in the front on that side? Redwood City is cool. Any idea on a time frame (not that I am rushing you, just curious with all the moving and what not).

-Chris
madd_dogg_914
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 18 2004, 10:49 AM)
Cool. Now you can pull a trailer...LOL

B

That is the point! smile.gif

-Chris
madd_dogg_914
QUOTE(Rgreen914 @ Jan 18 2004, 03:21 PM)
What's up with the "dual" exhausts? If it's like my '99 Burb, it came with dual "cats" but they exit into a single outlet muffler.

I haven't looked, but I Think that it is 4 into 1 on both sides all the way back. I will take a look. Sound is cool! Gotta love them Flowmasters!

Chris
madd_dogg_914
QUOTE(Scott Carlberg @ Jan 18 2004, 03:06 PM)
Not really sure you're going to need a trailer though right?
Looks like you could almost just hoist the teener onto the bed of the truck! lol

That has always been my dream! A hydrulic lift so I can 4x4 the truck around all day, and then get to a smooth part and oush a button and have the 914 lowered out of the bed. That would be awesome
-Chris
Eric Taylor
That is one big ass truck! Looks nice
Eric
Jenny
Nice truck! But living in Santa Cruz, won't you get stoned to death by the hippies for driving such a gas guzzler?

I got grief from a UC Berkeley attendee when I bought my truck a couple years ago. finger.gif

Jen
Downunderman
M D - What on earth compelled you to replace the Lexus with that!!
J P Stein
I think that qualifies as a BMFT.
SirAndy
QUOTE(madd_dogg_914 @ Jan 18 2004, 02:05 AM)
I got a new toy today.

nice! and you can park your teener under it too ...

Andy
madd_dogg_914
Jenny: I am sure the truck can handle the hippies (I work downtown too, so I drive by them all day long. Funny thing is, city gas mileage between this and the Lexus is the same. smile.gif

Howard: I have wanted a truck for the longest time, and I was just plain sick of the Lexus.

JP: I think you are right!

Sir Andy: Too bad it wont fit in the garage, otherwise I prolly could share the one garage space I got with the teener.

-Chris
Rgreen914
My 'Burb just fits in my garage, that's 'cause it's not lifted (other than the 1" taller tires). Looked at a new Hummer II but getting it under the garage door would have been "touchy", to say the least; besides, not enough headroom, unlike the 'Burb.

By the way, the truck is a big block (496), right? For my taste, the Flowmasters are way too loud; the Banks Power muffler I have is just slightly louder than stock and allows me to enjoy one of my favorite sounds: headers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.