Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Close call on 101 today ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
this afternoon on my way back from south san jose on 101 going north, i was in the left lane, doing about 80, top off and enjoying the not so hot but still nice weather ...

about 100 yards in front of me and one lane over there were 3 or 4 cars when all of the sudden a black mustang locks up his brakes (not sure, but i think someone cut him off), he swerves to the right, overcorrects and loses it, shoots over into my lane and hits the concrete center divider dead on right in front of me ... unsure.gif

i had enough time to look over my shoulder, there was a brake in traffic and i darted two lanes over to the right.
my thought was that he was going to bounce back off the wall and probably roll back right into my path but he only came back about 6 feet from the center wall and stoped and sat sideways.
i squeezed by him with a good carlength of space between us, still going pretty fast.

if he had rolled back more, i would have t-boned him right into the drivers door ...
icon8.gif Andy
porschecb
Damm! That was close! Glad it turned out ok for you! Got your car back on the road i see thats good. Mine goes in for paint next week.
toon1
good to hear your OK. You did change you shorts when you got home???!!!
hydroliftin
101 is the pits. We are glad to hear you are okay. Hope the guy in the mustang made it through okay too. It's times like this that remind us why the slot car like handling of the 914 is so important. Had you been driving a SUV both you and the mustang driver would have been in worse shape.
Eric_Shea
How's the steering column working out?

Glad you're OK.
VaccaRabite
I can't tell of you were lucky or unlucky with this one.

I bet it got your blood pumping.

Zach
sww914
I'm glad to hear that this is not another misfortune thread. You didn't deserve another bad car story and I'm happy you pulled away clean.
r_towle
I am shocked that you could go 80mph on 101.....lol
Midtowner
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Apr 19 2008, 06:38 PM) *

101 is the pits. We are glad to hear you are okay. Hope the guy in the mustang made it through okay too. It's times like this that remind us why the slot car like handling of the 914 is so important. Had you been driving a SUV both you and the mustang driver would have been in worse shape.

agree.gif
Midtowner
Driving northbound 101, I once saw a young girl t-bone into the center divider at 60 mph because she was craning her head at the rear view mirror applying lipstick! blink.gif
swl
They say you have to be good to be lucky - and lucky to be good. Nice reflexes Andy.
Spoke
After I got rear ended in the 914, it seems like every car on the road is trying to hit me. Nice driving Mario. You've got quick reflexes. Have a beer for me.
championgt1
I had almost the same experience on I-5 through seattle about 4 years ago. Very scary stuff. Nice to hear you made it through.
KELTY360
Sounds like just another day in NASCAR.

Nice instincts, glad you stayed out of trouble. driving.gif
jimtab
Andy, glad to hear you got thru ok and the car too, hope the "pucker" eases up soon......
McMark
See, all those $ at Thunderhill paid off.

Good work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.