Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear suspension attachment bollts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shoguneagle
I am just about to put the front suspension and rear suspensions under the car. Found I need new bolts for the rear attachment points. Does anyone know the size, thread pitch, and length of the attachment bolts for the rear suspension? These are the ones that attach the trailing arms to the rear of the longs.

Thanks,
Steve Hurt
McMark
If you download the PET from Porsche Classics @ Porsche.com they usually include size and lengths for each bolt. thumb3d.gif
shoguneagle
That should do the trick!!! Have to look through the web site but the source is listed on the web site - Porsche/com/usa/accessoriesandservice/classics/genuineparts/originalpartscatalogue/

PET can be ordered under part #000 043 400 05

Specific information on the rear suspension attachment bolts was there:

hex bolt M10x55

Thanks, McMark

Does anyone have these bolts along with the plate they want to sell??

The problems of assembly, the small parts are hard to find; you know you have them, but where did you put them. What else would you expect with the car in complete pieces, Murphy working again????

Again thanks

Steve Hurt

Eric_Shea
Does anyone have these bolts along with the plate they want to sell??

Use the PET to put together a list of your front and rear suspension needs. Then buy new. You'll "never" regret it. It "might" cost you $20 bucks:

http://www.copperstate.com/
davep
Especially those sets of 3 rear suspension bolts you should get new. When they break they are a real pain to replace. BTW, they are high grade bolts, at least 10 and perhaps 12.9 and you should not substitute cheaper, lower grade bolts there.
shoguneagle
You guys think like I do. The reasoning for getting used bolts was to take them in for analysis and buy a better quality bolt, made out of the best quality possible. I happen to like aircraft quality from an excellent reputation supplier.

I have to put in the best possible and new since I have the entire attachment point surrounded with Chris' stress kitting.

Thanks for the input.

Steve Hurt
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.