Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sometimes I think I'm not lucky
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
village idiot
But other times, I think I have the luck of the Devil. I decided to take my 914 home from my shop instead of my beater E30. Car ran awesome all the way home and as I was pulling into the driveway of my apartment complex I heard a strange noise that I thought was popping from the intake/exhaust.
I turned down the music and as I was trolling along in first gear I gave it a little gas to get over a speed bump and.........................no forward movement WTF.gif

At first I thought it was first gear giving up the ghost so I tried 2nd as I was only 10ft from my parking stall and all I hear is grinding confused24.gif I hop out of the car and push it over the speed bump into my stall and try the rest of the gears and the result is the same.

Turns out the drivers side outer cv bolts had decided to undo/shear themselves leaving me motionless mad.gif Oh well maybe I can raid some of my 911 until new ones arrive. Luckily, I have access to the shop tow rig so no biggie.

I'm just glad it wasn't the tranny smile.gif
McMark
Gotta watch those buggers. Clean the threads of grease before installation and use new schnorr washers. Or better yet, order the bolts pre-drilled for safety wire from Dr. Evil. thumb3d.gif
village idiot
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 19 2008, 09:06 PM) *

Gotta watch those buggers. Clean the threads of grease before installation and use new schnorr washers. Or better yet, order the bolts pre-drilled for safety wire from Dr. Evil. thumb3d.gif

I ordered new bolts and washers and I have the drill jig already from my motorcycle roadracing days beerchug.gif
ericread
QUOTE(village idiot @ Apr 19 2008, 11:54 PM) *

But other times, I think I have the luck of the Devil.

Yeah, what shirty luck. You've got a BMW and 914 to drive. And when you have a catastrophic failure, it turns out to be a couple of bolts. The rest of the world really feels your pain... shades.gif

Or..... Maybe it could be worse. But hang in there cowboy biggrin.gif
village idiot
QUOTE(ericread @ Apr 19 2008, 10:41 PM) *

QUOTE(village idiot @ Apr 19 2008, 11:54 PM) *

But other times, I think I have the luck of the Devil.

Yeah, what shirty luck. You've got a BMW and 914 to drive. And when you have a catastrophic failure, it turns out to be a couple of bolts. The rest of the world really feels your pain... shades.gif

Or..... Maybe it could be worse. But hang in there cowboy biggrin.gif

If you want to get literal I actually have two E30 BMW's my teener and my faux 911 RS happy11.gif
ericread
[/quote]
If you want to get literal I actually have two E30 BMW's my teener and my faux 911 RS happy11.gif
[/quote]

Boy, how do you handle all of this pain??? biggrin.gif
village idiot
I take it one day at a time. I fully plan to have a Ferrari in the next 5 years:D
Eric_Shea
Are you making the SC a long hood?

I fully plan to have a Ferrari in the next 5 years

Why? lol3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.