As every year, the local Porsche Center invited me to their season opening event. For the last 5 years it took place at the "Test & Drive" area from the Austrian Automobile Club. They have a little track (about 0.7 miles per lap) which includes ups and downs, sharp corners as well as a skip pad. On this track we had 4 different MY'08 Porsches to compare:
Porsche Cayenne S (385 HP)
Porsche Cayman S (295 HP)
Porsche 911 Carrera (325 HP)
Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Convertible (355 HP)
Unfortunately it started to rain healvily when it was my time to drive, so the instructors on the radion always told us to drive more carefully and slow down a little dry.gif
But even then it was a blast to drive these cars.

On another stage they had a very small offroad park where we could test the abilities of the Cayenne. They had 2 cars with standard street tyres and 2 with special offroad tyres so that we could compare these things too.
It was just unbelievable what hills this car was able to climb - even when we stopped in the middle. I won't be able to climb these hills "per pedes" screwy.gif

They told us that someone took photos of various stages which they would mail in a couple of days, so maybe I could add some later.

All in all it was a breathtaking experience and about 2 hours with endless fun driving.gif

bye1.gif Gustl