Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT High Rise Window Washers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
Does anyone know how much High Rise Window Washers make? I've been looking and can't find any salary info.
r_towle
Depends on the City and the height

Figure between 75-125/hr
Again city and height are the key...

Look at the local union site for help.
TimT
75-125/hr

That may be the total "package" hourly rate + benefits. I doubt its that high though. In NYC Strutural Ironworkers have the highest hourly fee ( or close to, for union labor)
Last payrolls I looked at they made around $30 take home, and $68 benefits per hour.
This doesnt include any "job specific" benefits.
rhodyguy
iron workers are way up there in wages for the construction trades. not a whole lot of them draw retirement or ss. mortality rates used to be right up there with f1 and indy drivers. i think the lower estimate on the window guys is much closer than the first. that is for a union shop too. non would be lower. you thinking of changing careers sean?

kevin
seanery
just curious. I'm terribly afraid of those heights.
r_towle
Window Washers receive more than Iron workers based upon hazardous duty pay.
75-125 is rate for the Northeast....
Rates are higher in the Northeast....

Iron workers get more based upon floors as well..
With the current environment and economy, there are still alot of current projects in need and therefore alot of windows to be washed....
Good career move if you have no fear.
TimT
Window Washers receive more than Iron workers based upon hazardous duty pay.

Errrrrrrrr nope!

At least not in NYC, dunno about the rest of the world

Whos afraid of heights???

me at work in about 1986 or so
seanery
from that angle I'm ok, but if you were to show the looking down angle I'd damn near throw up looking at it from here.
TimT
barf.gif LOL

Ive spent almost 20 years of my life working on the suspension bridges that surround manhattan.

I enjoy my job
tracks914
It depends on weather or not they have their green card laugh.gif
Some might make a lot less. mad.gif
redshift
QUOTE(seanery @ Jan 18 2004, 04:45 PM)
just curious. I'm terribly afraid of those heights.

Height never scares me. Depth scares the living crap out of me.

M
TimT
Depth scares the living crap out of me.

yup, Ive worked on top of the world my whole career.....

I couldnt do tunnel work....
Steve Thacker
I love heights! I'll jump out of anything that flys, but that bridge looks like a woodie waiting to happen! My luck I'd jump off and a passing boat would make prop wash out of me laugh.gif
rhodyguy
tim, ever meet a guy named jeff campbell? another bridgeman, high walker. he's from the boston area. but he's been all over the world also.

kevin
Carl
Whos afraid of heights???

Tim,
Why're you wearing the hard hat in the photo? If you fall it won't help and there can't be much overhead to protect against.

Carl
TimT
Hard hat is company policy, also protects my head from passing seagulls lol2.gif
Bleyseng
I love heights and not afraid of falling. Its the landing I am afraid of. I have done some ironworking and like it if its assembling steel.
Yup, have seen a guy fall to his death too, not a good day.

Geoff
Joe Ricard
Uncle owns his own business washing windows Central Indiana. Nothing very high. Don't make to much. But right now he is really weather dependant. Can't wash windows if the water is hard.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.