Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 intake runner boot
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IronHillRestorations
I've got a 1.7 here for a customer, and we are re-sealing the engine, painting the tins, and a few other as long as'es including new vacuum lines and intake boots. The ones on the engine were definately 2.0's (loose fitting and probably sucking a little air), and all I've got are new 2.0's which are larger.

I haven't touched a injected 1.7 engine in years. VW lists the 1.7 intake runner boot as NLA. Has anyone found a good replacement?

Thanks!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(9146986 @ Apr 21 2008, 08:48 AM) *

I've got a 1.7 here for a customer, and we are re-sealing the engine, painting the tins, and a few other as long as'es including new vacuum lines and intake boots. The ones on the engine were definately 2.0's (loose fitting and probably sucking a little air), and all I've got are new 2.0's which are larger.

I haven't touched a injected 1.7 engine in years. VW lists the 1.7 intake runner boot as NLA. Has anyone found a good replacement?

Thanks!

clamp the 2.0 boots
GWN7
QUOTE(9146986 @ Apr 21 2008, 07:48 AM) *

Thanks!

Give me a week and I should have them. If it wasn't pouring rain out now I'd go see if I have a good one to copy.
jsayre914
I just got a set from Auto Atlanta still in the bag, But you cant have em dry.gif
Why dont you give them a call smile.gif
IronHillRestorations
Thanks for the replies. I don't think I can wait a week Bruce. I guess I'll go with the clamps.
fitsbain
Give me a picture and I'll see if I have em.
Cap'n Krusty
I have a set, Genuine Porsche NOS, and you can PM me for the details. BTW, 2.0 sleeves are WAY too big. Clamping is gonna be an issue. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.