Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: gettinerdone!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dandh

Hi my name is dave and I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I was just wondering am I the only one who has paid so much for a smog test,and just how much am I looking at to a possible ful restoration. I also had the back lid unlocked,that was 200 plus also, luckily my yellow 73 porche was handed down to me from good ole Dad who was having reservations about that. Hope I have'nt said to much here to bore anyone .
Dave
ericread
Dave:

welcome.png

Soooo. what year is your car, where do you live and how much did you pay for your smog test?

And since you're going to see this from others, thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Please post a pic or two of your teener.

Again, welcome!
dandh
Hey thanks for the reply.Its a 1973 2.0 canary yellow and I paid 307.00 for the smog here in las vegas and as soon as I can I'm going to get a pic,I just don't have a way to put it online yet?
ericread
I moved from Vegas to Cali about three years ago, so I feel your pain. In Nevada, any car manufactured after 1967 requires a SMOG cert, so you're in the soup bs.gif .

You mention you paid $307.00. What was that for? A test shouldn't cost more that $45.00 so I assume that included work performed to assist in meeting the SMOG requirements?

The Nevada State law allows for a waiver for non-passing autos as follows:

An application for a waiver must include receipts from a Licensed Authorized Station showing that at least $450 has been spent on parts other than a catalytic converter, fuel inlet restrictor, air injection system or on labor other than emission
testing if the repairs evidenced by the receipt directly relate to the deficiency in emissions. If the vehicle is not repaired at an authorized station, it will not be eligible for a waiver regardless of the cost incurred.

So, assuming your $307.00 was spent at a Licensed Authorized Station, you're only $143.00 away from being able to apply for a SMOG waiver.

Please note:
Waivers will not be issued in Clark County to:
• Smoking Vehicles - The vehicle must be repaired with no
limit on cost.
• Vehicles eligible for warranty coverage
• Vehicles with tampered or missing emission control devices.

Good luck and let us know how it goes! driving.gif
jsayre914
welcome.png What exactly is the definition of a full restoration anyway? is that when you run out of money biggrin.gif
markb
welcome.png

And yes, please post pics of your car.
SGB
WELCOME!!

In a few ways (such as NO VEHICLE TESTS), it is good to live in "the land of cotton".

I know in DC, my bro only pays 'bought $45 or $50.
type47
QUOTE(SGB @ Apr 21 2008, 11:42 AM) *

I know in DC, my bro only pays 'bought $45 or $50.

in Fairfax County in Northern VA just outside DC, emissions tests cost $28. further out, no emissions tests are required.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.