Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recognise this muffler?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wobbletop
Click to view attachment

Had a nice weekend of driving the 914 for the first time this year.

But I'd like to cover up the muffler. Does anyone recognize this type of muffler? Is there a valance that matches it? It just looks a bit strange just hanging out the back.

Thanks
Walter

AZ914
Walter,
I do not believe there is a 'stock' valance that has two outlets in it. Your best bet is to order a fiberglass piece with no holes or notches, then cut it yourself to match your muffler.

BTW.. nice car!
Ferg
Check out Mike Wills car, he did just that, and pretty sure he has the same muffler.

Ferg
swl
what the heck is that muffler? Don't think I've seen one like that before - sort of a stock log with some creative modifications.

What is the sound like?
rfuerst911sc
That muffler looks like a Dansk sport muffler. Good construction but HEAVY.
AZ914
QUOTE(Ferg @ Apr 22 2008, 02:13 PM) *

Check out Mike Wills car, he did just that, and pretty sure he has the same muffler.

Ferg

Ferg is right on.. here is a link to a pic of Mike's car from another thread on valances:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=1022930
dflesburg
make your own valance... start with an old metal one. cut and weld, cut and weld.

GeorgeRud
Or use a fiberglass one that will let you cut and grind once and won't rust. They don't sound bad with the double outlets, but they are loud!
wobbletop
Thanks... looks like it is a Dansk Sport with 84mm dual openings.

http://www.aboveallmotorwerks.com/Products...01010155_S.aspx

It's pretty loud (78 911 SC 3.0L) and has a nice sound except for a resonance at 3K RPM.

But the main thing is it looks like the body hangs lower than Mike's. Maybe it's the camera angle, but I'm not sure a stock sized valence will cover it.
914-8
In the pic, it looks like the muffler is sitting on the ground!
911quest
What ever you do if you have the original valance for the 6 don't cut it up.
wobbletop
Bump...

Painted the muffler except for the pipes and installed the rear valence with a cutout for the 2nd pipe. Much better!

IPB Image
computers4kids
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.