Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unknown wire to distributor plug
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eldiosyeldiablo
There is this one wire that is just hanging out. The rest of the wires go to the plug on the distributor.

Any ideas?

Definately am going to get a new wiring harness. sad.gif

-David
redshift
Confusing, looks like it's off the trunk of the TPS plug?

M
TheCabinetmaker
It's hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like it comes out of the throttle switch harness
eldiosyeldiablo
Naw, the rest of the wires definately go to the distributor. Bad pic. Sorry.
Here it is again with pretty lines around it.

-David
TheCabinetmaker
It might go to the AAR. The red wire in your other thread. If the car runs ok, leave them as is. Make sure nothing can short out it's on the same circuit as the fuel pump. Ask me how I know laugh.gif Also make sure the vacuum lines are disconnected and plugged.
redshift
The AAR wire comes from the coil.

I will have to go lookee lew to find that wire, although now that I think of it I can't recall anything hooking up there..

laugh.gif

M
redshift
I don't have provisions for a wire like that at my distributor.

You made me see a wire I keep forgetting to ask about, a cut white one that I have no idea what it was ever hooked up on.

M
Matt Romanowski
This can't be too hard. My car is away under cover, but in the dist. harness, there is the tach wire, positive wire, oil pressure sender wire, and blower wire(?). Do you have all of those covered?

Matt
TheCabinetmaker
Check the temp sending unit. Just below and to the rear of the dizzy.
TheCabinetmaker
Opps pressure sender, not temp sender
eldiosyeldiablo
QUOTE(Matt Romanowski @ Jan 18 2004, 05:32 PM)
This can't be too hard. My car is away under cover, but in the dist. harness, there is the tach wire, positive wire, oil pressure sender wire, and blower wire(?). Do you have all of those covered?

Matt

I think Matt would be the correct one. The other three lines have been cut/spliced and plug into the dizzy connector. But this one was left out???

grrr

Anyone have a pic of their's?

-David
Dave_Darling
Looks like either the AAR plug, or the plug to the Thermo-Time Switch. The AAR plug will have continuity with the right-rear pin of the 12-pin connector at the right-rear of the relay board. The TTS plug will have continuity with one of the two wires in the connector to the Cold Start Valve.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.