Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finland Equipment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stevesc_us
Okay experts out there. One of my options on my original six as reflected on my COA was for Finland Equipment. Apparently a code C13 designates this option on my car.

Does anyone know what that option means?
tod914
I believe it was front head light washers in the top bumper pad. I'm not
sure if anything else came with it.
1970 Neun vierzehn
I don't believe that H/L washers were offered on a 914 in the years that the /6 was produced.

Steve,
Does/did your /6 have either a Webasto (gasoline) heater and/or a rear window defroster?

Paul
stevesc_us
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Apr 24 2008, 05:29 PM) *

I don't believe that H/L washers were offered on a 914 in the years that the /6 was produced.

Steve,
Does/did your /6 have either a Webasto (gasoline) heater and/or a rear window defroster?

Paul

As far as I know (I am the 3rd owner for the past 15 yrs) it didn't have a Webasto heater or rear window defroster. I seem to recall on a search here or the "other" site that someone else thought such an option meant a rear window defroster as well. Unless my rear window was replaced prior to my ownership, that can't be the answer.
JeffBowlsby
Could also just be 'soft' items like:

Finnish owners manual and warranty card?
Mudflaps as standard equipment?
Unique lenses?
Convex passenger side mirror if required by Finland law?
Sidemarker lights wired as turn signals (like in Italy) if its requried by Finland law?
Rear foglight if required by Finalnd law?
Labelling for anything with text - in Finnish language of course.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(stevesc_us @ Apr 24 2008, 05:10 PM) *

Okay experts out there. One of my options on my original six as reflected on my COA was for Finland Equipment. Apparently a code C13 designates this option on my car.

Does anyone know what that option means?

Porsche has been doing a very poor job on the coa as many of the codes have been reassigned so the knuckles just pick the latest when they are assigning options to the certificates. Did you know that our motor trend car of the year 1971 914 has california emissions equipment on it, and some strange brand of tire as options? Our limited edition has all leather interior and climate control air conditioning!!!! Very poor research on Porshe's part and the reassignment of option codes is really screwing them up. Don't believe the coa. Yours if issued in the last seven years is probably wrong!!!!
SirAndy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 24 2008, 06:12 PM) *

Very poor research on Porshe's part and the reassignment of option codes is really screwing them up.

doh! headbang.gif

never thought of that, but they are re-using the old option codes for new stuff, so it's likely that whoever is doing the COA's right now is mixing up old options with new options ...
dry.gif Andy

PS: or maybe finland option was a snow-plow front spoiler? biggrin.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
I'm certain this is the "Danish Option", or at least it was this morning.
messix
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 24 2008, 10:44 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 24 2008, 06:12 PM) *

Very poor research on Porshe's part and the reassignment of option codes is really screwing them up.

doh! headbang.gif

never thought of that, but they are re-using the old option codes for new stuff, so it's likely that whoever is doing the COA's right now is mixing up old options with new options ...
dry.gif Andy

PS: or maybe finland option was a snow-plow front spoiler? biggrin.gif

thanks what i was going to say! snow plow suspension.
highways
Option C13- isn't that the well known Finnish option where you can pick up two Scandinavian blondes from the local sauna, and give them a ride home utilizing the passenger seat, and the cosy center passenger seat, and, driving topless of course?
TravisNeff
The rear window defogger would have wiring behind the backpad, a dash knob (like the fog lights, but on the rigjht side of the column).

It was prolly a jar holder for pickled herring, lol. I am 80% finn and that's a family snack. Go st. Urho!
Gustl
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 25 2008, 02:12 AM) *
Very poor research on Porshe's part and the reassignment of option codes is really screwing them up. Don't believe the coa.

agree.gif

ask Steve Gaglione what the wrote on the COA of his M-471 at the 1st attempt (IIRC this was before he bought the car idea.gif )
you won't believe it screwy.gif

bye1.gif Gustl
SirAndy
Ha! I saw it today. I even touched it. biggrin.gif

Heavy duty air-filter? confused24.gif

Gustl
check out the delivery date biggrin.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif
tomeric914
You know what they say, "Nice Finnish guys last"
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gustl @ Sep 3 2011, 09:13 AM) *

check out the delivery date biggrin.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif

I saw that too ... biggrin.gif

But it's a real /6 and this is the first time i have seen any sort of explanation printed anywhere.
idea.gif
pete000
I received my COA today for my 1970 194-6

and it shows:

Tinted heated rear window, two stage

Option Group C13

Chrome whole disk wheels

I wonder what C13 group consists of ?

JMKnight
QUOTE(pete000 @ Jan 18 2012, 08:49 PM) *

and it shows:

Option Group C13

Chrome whole disk wheels

So how do you get a COA? How much does Porsche charge for it?
carr914
QUOTE(JMKnight @ Jan 18 2012, 11:57 PM) *

and it shows:

Option Group C13

Chrome whole disk wheels

Porsche NA Charges $110 ( I Believe) but if you are a PCA Member you get $10 Off.

However the CoA's for our cars are notorious for being incorrect. The C13 is a common mistake.

Pete if your -6 indeed has the Tinted & Heated Rear Window, you are in Rare Company - I only know of 2 others (Mine & 1 more)
JeffBowlsby
COA's can be had here:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesands...ofauthenticity/

Actually, A new lady (Mrs. Kristen Richford) at PCNA has taken over the COA process in tthe last couple of years, is especially focused on getting things right with the COAs and for 914s in particular. I have witnessed several instances where she has corrected mistakes and reissued corrected COA's quickly where they have made previous errors.

QUOTE(JMKnight @ Jan 18 2012, 08:57 PM) *

and it shows:

Option Group C13

Chrome whole disk wheels

carr914
I Tried Kristen a Couple sheeplove.gif of Years ago , she Must have been a Virgin PCNA girl then. She was No Help, But maybe Years In she Knows her $hit
Al Meredith
I just got a COA for my 6 and I too have the "Finland Equipment". The rest is correct, Leather steering wheel,Fog Lights, Tinted Side Glass and Chrome Whole Disk Wheels. The #s are all correct and the color is correct "Blood Orange" 23.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.