Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where's Miles???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Joe Bob
Well, the capitilist pigs were the ones that answered...here, we are just pigs. Or at least just me and JP.
Brad Roberts
Ha ha.. somebody scan the magazine pic and really light up Tims ass...LOL

We have been doing this for 20+ years.. adding the brace (only to race cars)

B
Qarl
Eddie:

I am with you. I go online and post to forums to look for help. I do not go looking for advice on what book to buy to answer my questions.

I think Tim could have posted a picture (vs. posting the text from the entire magazine and all accompanying photos). Instead he chose to whine.

If I were a woman and you were my African-American girlfriend, I would say... "You go girl!"

Ha ha!

Later!
SirAndy
Eddie, you can buy a piece of software from me that i wrote that will hack into their website and give you FREE access to all their information. wink.gif

hope this answers all your questions,
Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 18 2004, 06:33 PM)
We have been doing this for 20+ years.. adding the brace (only to race cars)

is this really flexing THAT much?
i have jumped onto the brakes a few times and didn't feel any obvious flex.

Andy
ChrisReale
I got one of my posts deleated from the PP 914 board because I referenced the on-line manual you can download here. Im sick of their "you can call Pelican, we carry it" shit. I understand the whole reasoning behind it all, it just makes it tough to hang out there and really get something out of it when everytime you try to source an item you here somebody saying Pelican has it, buy from them to help support the site. Fuck that I need to support my 914, not somebody elses wallet laugh.gif
Eddie Williams
Now Andy, thats the kind of information I like to hear. Do I really have to brace this??
Red-Beard
Eddie,

Pelican forums definitely are a "marketing" site for the company. They do not like people posting information linking to competitors. I have seen threads deleted, etc.

I accept those "rules" and continue to post there. But then there are places like this where all info is exchanged freely. Hey, I'm considering turning my tranny stuff into a book. I doub't I'd be an ass about it. Kinda stupid if you think about it.

Where you post is up to you. I wouldn't blame Pelican for Suddard. But you do need to understand Pelican is a business and the forums are something to pull you there.

James
Brad Roberts
It does flex.. but it depends on how rusty your tub was to begin with. It adds a few mm's of difference when you first stab the pedal. Its a confidence booster.. that is about it.

B
Eddie Williams
Red,

No, I understand, but I've never heard anyone at PP say something like, "yes we've done it, but buy Wayne's book to find out how". And they sure the hell have never accused a potential customer of trying to rip them off and keep their kids out of college.

Eddie
ChrisReale
Alfred back, Andy he got through may day, may day laugh.gif
TheCabinetmaker
uh oh, here we go again. check out his vin # mad.gif
Eddie Williams
Actually I think he was more on to the girl-on-girl action thing!
Red-Beard
I'll agree, he was being an ass. He lost a customer and potential subscriber, and yes, you'll get the information anyway.

Stupid.

And on the 911 board, you DO get stuff like that. I got really pissed when I asked how to install the rear window. Several people (no one from Pelican) posted "Buy the 101 Projects book and find out".

THIS WAS THE CAR FEATURED IN THE 101 PROJECTS BOOK. ANd the rear window was not installed properly....

I will say that Wayne does push his Engine rebuild book, a lot, in the Engine rebuild forum.

James
Hawktel
Dude, the Bird board has it unwritten rules. You got to follow them. They are a business, and need to follow the precepts of a business.

For the record, I don't think what they said was so wrong, they gave you the principle of what you needed to get done, and pointed out a resource that evidently has it detailed out for you. I'm certain you could also have this part of the discussion on it being nessessary there also.
redshift
I'm here, full of cheeseburgers.

ohmy.gif icon8.gif

uhhg..

M
Brad Roberts
New rule... you cant be on the PP BBS and HERE unless your siganture has the URL for this site in it...LOL

B
Joe Bob
Can't you block that shit head's IP address?
redshift
Oh that's unkind... somekind.. fun kind..

M
Eddie Williams
Brad,

I'm in!

...vew
seanery
Zois,

we've banned every IP address he uses, and email addresses and names...He's gone so far as to change providers in the past to get past a banned ip address.
Brad Roberts
Mike, the IP blocking on this BBS isnt working and we dont have access to the routers/firewalls this sits behind.

B
Brad Roberts
Looks great Eddie. DD does it everywhere he posts.... ALL of us can do it also...LOL

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(mikez @ Jan 18 2004, 07:25 PM)
Can't you block that shit head's IP address?

he doesn't have a fixed IP, keeps changing ...
redshift
Instead of banning him, send his IP to all members, or post it.

smile.gif

M
SirAndy
QUOTE(redshift @ Jan 18 2004, 07:42 PM)
Instead of banning him, send his IP to all members, or post it.

a 914club DOS attack on him, eh? idea.gif
Eddie Williams
Andy,

I've chosen to use my powers for the cause of good, er, well the US Government, anyway. lol

But I'm here for moral support! LOL

...vew
redshift
Uhmmm.. Yep!

Lessee if I can remember how ping works...

M
Eddie Williams
God dammit that Alfred stole my GRM angst!!!
redshift
He ROOOLs over there

M
SirAndy
QUOTE(redshift @ Jan 18 2004, 07:46 PM)
Lessee if I can remember how ping works...

all you have to do is increase the Package-Size from 32 bytes to something more effective, 8192 bytes or so and run it in a loop ...

then tell all your friends to do the same. wink.gif
you'll need a few machines at the same time to bring down a target server/workstation.

ping xx.xx.xx.xx -l 8192 -t

Andy
redshift
I couldn't remember the -switch- commands..

Thanks!

M
redshift
heh

M
Joe Bob
Anybody know where the little douchebag lives?
Back Seat Driver
How many years did he spend building 911 motors to gain the knowledge to write a book? Which shops did he work at? BSD
SirAndy
"Back Seat Driver",
i was about to say "Welcome" and then the post is gone. wtf?

Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(Back Seat Driver @ Jan 18 2004, 08:19 PM)
How many years did he spend building 911 motor to gain the knowledge to write a book? Which shops did he work at? BSD

ok, let's try this again laugh.gif

smilie_pokal.gif Welcome, interesting first post ...
Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(mikez @ Jan 18 2004, 08:19 PM)

yupp
jonwatts
A mathematically irrelevent post none the less.
Brad Roberts
He spent 2 years emailing/talking too everyone he could find with any inkling on how to build a 911 engine. Several people I know (6-8) are engine builders with whom he consulted. Not a single one of them where recognized in the book even though he quoted them almost word for word.

Bruce Anderson wannebe.

B
Back Seat Driver
So you are saying he has never actually built a 911 motor? BSD
ChrisReale
Im sure he has built a few engines, but the info in the books is just compiled from other books already printed. I've heard it is a useful book. Alfred, I believe lives in Vancouver BC, which happens to be very ethnically diverse, with a huge Indian (from India, not Native Americans) population. I wonder how he lives his daily life knowing there are tons of inorities living and working all around him?
Brad Roberts
That would be lying. He took the Woods class after the book was written and was sent to the publisher.

B
ChrisReale
ouch sad.gif
Brad Roberts
Not you (Chris).. I would be lying if I said he hadnt built ANY 911 engines.

B
Joe Bob
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 18 2004, 08:21 PM)
QUOTE(mikez @ Jan 18 2004, 08:19 PM)

yupp

Helpful tonite aren't we?
Joe Bob
The rebuilt engine, the subject of the book was recently sold....it allegedly had some oil leaks....
ChrisReale
Is that Red-Beards car that he bought from Wayne?
nebreitling
plagarizing is a BIG deal in publishing/academic communities. that's truly f-cked up if other engine builders weren't recognized for their contributions to a published work.

i just had to flunk a kid out of my class here at Stanford because i caught him plagarizing.... he was going to go to medical school. not anymore. he'll be lucky if they let him finish his degree. bummer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.