Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Small Porsche badge.....source?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Anyone ever seen the small, like 2 inch tall Porsche badge? The standard badge is a little larger than I wanna go.....

I am keeping the badging and logos on Blondie to minimum....a simple 2.7 and the mini logo on the rear trunk area next to the push button lock.
TheCabinetmaker
Mike, I don't know where it came from, but my 75 had one on the hood that measures a mere 1 1/8" when I bought it. I replaced it with the official size one. Your welcome to it.
Andyrew
You can buy stickers.. pretty cheap.. tweeks has em

Andrew
Chris914n6
Wasn't there a 356 hub crest about that size. I could be wrong...

Chris
Andyrew
The crest on the hood handle on the 356 had a small crest..
TheCabinetmaker
Here's what I have. regular one on the left
seanery
looks like a lapel pin or something.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jan 18 2004, 06:42 PM)
Mike, I don't know where it came from, but my 75 had one on the hood that measures a mere 1 1/8" when I bought it. I replaced it with the official size one. Your welcome to it.

Yeah that's it....what do ya need? I got's stickers and stuff.....

Send me an email ... 356@cox.net
STL914
Mike,

Tweeks carries the 356 hood handle crest for $20, catalog number 400-593.
Joe Bob
Thanks.
Eddie Williams
Hey Mike,

You can buy the smaller version at Pelican. LOL

IPB Image

Honest.

...vew
seanery
Eddie's first in line to buy! LOL laugh.gif laugh.gif
VegasRacer
has the last one.
Price is only $499.99 (plus shipping) w00t.gif
Joe Bob
2 inches TALL....not the length of Alfred's winky......
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(seanery @ Jan 18 2004, 07:05 PM)
looks like a lapel pin or something.

looks like the one on my 911's keychain ...
philinjax
Here is an odd Porsche crest, sivler (alum.) and black, no pins on the back.
philinjax
Oh, btw, it is the stock size for the front trunk, 2 5/8 X 2 inches.

Phil
seanery
that would look good on the front of my car.
TheCabinetmaker
Sean, That would look great on the silver car
Joe Bob
Classy...where'd ya get it Phil?
philinjax
Mike,

I got three of them from Road & Race in L.A. back in November. I wanted one for my project car, which will be painted black, sold one on eBay for $43.00 and have one I don't need. I think I paid $28.00 each, even though they have no mounting pins and rubber base seals. I figured I would epoxy a single aluminum binding post to the center of the back of the crest, drill one hole and use the binding post screw to torque it securely to the trunk lid. I have an extra base seal I can use. Here is a pic. of the items:

You got the extra crest, Mike, $30.00 mailed, if you want. Or anyone can buy for about the same price from Road & Race. They are in the book and have a web site.

Phil
philinjax
BUMP
seanery
phil, still got the crest?
philinjax
I just put it on eBay a few minutes ago along with another 12 auctions spaced every 5 minutes. If there remains no bid, I will pull the auction and sell it for the opening price plus shipping.

Phil
meursault
That silver crest looks suspiciously like the ones they put on the intake manifolds on 928s....
Joe Bob
Here's the one I got for Blondie from a nice 914 club member.....

Thanks to vsg914
redshift
Damnit! You should have asked!

I could have made a 914 2.7 emblem, with the clois emblem where it's SUPPOS'D DA BEE, and the right size.

Go look at 916 ass.

M
markb
QUOTE(redshift @ Jan 28 2004, 07:45 PM)
Damnit! You should have asked!

I could have made a 914 2.7 emblem, with the clois emblem where it's SUPPOS'D DA BEE, and the right size.

M

Can you do one with a 2.4?
redshift
You can too... you just take a 914 emblem, a 2.4 emblem, and you have a starving jewler artist in town make one in shitty silver.

I had a 914-383 made for my v8, with the red inset V behind the 383. It's cheap if you make a positive model in casting wax, and supply your own metal.

I can make them, if the engine badge was available, as a model. How much is the cheapest regular old metal emblem now?

If you want to spend about $10,000, I can get all the trim in silver.

wink.gif

M
markb
QUOTE(redshift @ Jan 28 2004, 07:59 PM)

If you want to spend about $10,000, I can get all the trim in silver.

wink.gif

M

Ummmm, think I'll pass. laugh.gif
Thanks for the tip, tho. It's not for the 914, it's for my vw bus. I'm thinking of using the vw porsche emblem from the euro cars and a plain old 2.4 emblem.
Joe Bob
Miles....how about sumthin for a 3.6 badge?

Also what up with da seals?
redshift
QUOTE(mikez @ Jan 29 2004, 12:19 PM)
Miles....how about sumthin for a 3.6 badge?

Also what up with da seals?

Yeah, what's up with the seals...

I can't find the other side, it's in one room FULL of CRAP! I put them in a plastic bag, looks like all the other plastic bags!

I will search this instant.

I can have any emblems made here, as long as I show up with finished wax models, and a small bag of silver pellets.

M
redshift
Good news, just found the other rear side seal, now we are a single top side seal from a set, gimme a lil while... but IT IS HERE.

You need them pronto?

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.