Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Crest on front hood
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
i know we had that question before,
and the general concensus here seemed to be that the porsche crest on the front hood was never a factory (or dealer) option but always aftermarket.

well, looking through the 914-Bible i noticed that the second 914-8 that was bulid in '69 had in fact the crest on the hood the day it was delivered to ferry porsche ...

IPB Image
Brad Roberts
What about the 9148 that girl drove on the east coast..LOL

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 18 2004, 06:59 PM)

dunno, what about the #004 prototype that's sitting in your storage locker?

Andy
Brad Roberts
We will pick it up from LA during the weekend of Dunkle. It might even be on display for the event (on the trailer)

B
Joe Bob
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 18 2004, 07:02 PM)
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 18 2004, 06:59 PM)

dunno, what about the #004 prototype that's sitting in your storage locker?

Andy

HUH?
SirAndy
QUOTE(mikez @ Jan 18 2004, 07:04 PM)
HUH?

914-6 #0004

pictures start on the 2nd page ...
Andy
Joe Bob
Thought that was SSI property....or this is this something else?
Brad Roberts
I think he was referring to my "girl" comment..

Mike, there was a person who wrote into Execellence claiming that he knew a girl who owned and drove one of the 914-8's on the east coast back in the 70's. The guy had no clue.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(mikez @ Jan 18 2004, 07:31 PM)
Thought that was SSI property....or this is this something else?

naaaa, John from SSI has a M471 ...

this (#0004) is Brad's little toy wink.gif
Andy
Brad Roberts
The M471 is SSI property.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 18 2004, 07:32 PM)
I think he was referring to my "girl" comment..

ohhh, i tought everybody knows that story! laugh.gif
redshift
It's a good one.

There were alot of odd guitars made, and stories like that would make you bump into people you knew, a thousand miles from home, in the middle of the night, at a 7-11.. just because somebody, knew of a person, that had a friend, who's dad had a buddy....

"Hmm... What brings you to Shelbyville Kentucky?"

"Same thing as you, I guess."

smile.gif

M
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 18 2004, 06:57 PM)
...the general concensus here seemed to be that the porsche crest on the front hood was never a factory (or dealer) option but always aftermarket.

well, looking through the 914-Bible i noticed that the second 914-8 that was bulid in '69 had in fact the crest on the hood the day it was delivered to ferry porsche ...

this thread is just brimming with straight lines ...

1) they had to badge it so Ferry would know he was getting a Porsche...
2) they had to delay the presentation 'cause the badge was backordered from AA...
3) they needed something to cover the rust spot on the hood...
4) ...
redshift
#2 laugh.gif

... no, I mean I just crapped my pants.

M
SirAndy
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Jan 19 2004, 06:53 AM)
1) they had to badge it so Ferry would know he was getting a Porsche...
2) they had to delay the presentation 'cause the badge was backordered from AA...
3) they needed something to cover the rust spot on the hood...

smilie_pokal.gif

that has to go into the 914-8 page that is being prepared for the 914 info section!

laugh.gif
Andy
davep
If you are looking for an answer to the original question, then I would say that the Porsche crest was never offered on a regular production 914/4 or 914/6. The factory could, and would, put it on special cars such as the 914/8 and the 916.

DaveP
Britain Smith
What is the M471?
r_towle
Brad,
Congrats on the find....

It is only fitting that you have a rare one in your stable....

Will it sell for 375K when its done????

Rich
Aaron Cox
m471 = street /6 with flares and wider wheels from factory
Rgreen914
"Our" 914 (actually it's the wife's first car), was literally driven off the showroom floor at Vasek Pollak's dealership in 1973 and it had a hood emblem; I had always heard that they were dealer installed.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Rgreen914 @ Jan 20 2004, 02:36 PM)
I had always heard that they were dealer installed.

yup. but methinks Dipl Ing Ferry Porsche didn't pick up his 914.8 at his local dealership ...
(and i bet he didn't get socked with the 'surcharge' for European delivery, either ...)
SirAndy
QUOTE(acox914 @ Jan 19 2004, 02:00 PM)
m471 = street /6 with flares and wider wheels from factory

actually, AFAIK, it was the factory "GT" package (the M471 Option) that was installed by the dealer, not the factory.

Andy
Joe Bob
The M471 option was ALSO available as kit.....DIY did them and were not tracked by the factory....
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 20 2004, 03:24 PM)
actually, AFAIK, it was the factory "GT" package (the M471 Option) that was installed by the dealer, not the factory.

perhaps it's a distinction without a difference, i'll have to do more research which i'm unequipped to do now - BUT - the 'M471' ("GT look") package was a factory option - this is why it has a factory option number ... i always thought the flares were applied at Werk 1...

the GT option -was- available as a "trunk kit" and several-many (no one known exactly how many...) racers installed them. it included stuff like the GT reinforcements (M 471's didn't get those as part of the package ...) the front oil cooler, lines, and special bumper and valance, 906 engine - stuff like that.

the M471 included 4 flares, flared F + R valence, (IIRC) Fuchs 7's & 8's, with spacers and long studs aft.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.