Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 550 Spyder (replica) Race car for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > Ads: All Other Non-914 Stuff
Jake Raby
The ultimate Autocross car!!! It weighs only 1400 pounds!

Built for the TV show “Blow It Up” on SpeedTV, this 2007 Beck 550 Spyder started out as a stock silver-blue over red “Deluxe Pre-assembled Body Package”. DTM Engineering and Raby’s Aircooled Technology heavily modified it to meet the specs of the TV show… with a few extras that I wanted to "play" with.

IPB Image

This included a full SCCA legal road race cage, hydraulic pedals (brake, clutch, gas), custom quick release aluminum firewall, 4 wheel disc brakes, front line locks, AJ hydraulic speed shift, fuel cell, 5 point harness, racing bucket, Setrab dual fan pack, EFI, and MUCH more.

The car is in storage in Cleveland, GA. It is sitting in the exact same state as depicted in the “Blow It Up” show, it has only been repaired and more engine development done to it after the TV show experience. We also removed the complex oiling system that was used on the TV show, it was total overkill.

We are offering the car for immediate delivery for $32,000 OBO.

Alternatively, the car can be sold without engine and transaxle for a reduced cost.
You can view the original post on the build here:
[url="http://www.spyderclub.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=9463&highlight=blow"]http://www.spyderclub.com/phpbb2/viewtopic...;highlight=bl
ow[/url]

There are a TON of photos of the car at the filming here:
www.weblewitup.com
IPB Image

This car has hundreds of hours in it's composition and features many items that are not typically included in a Spyder build. Here is a list of them:
*2.8Liter MassIVe Type 4 engine by Aircooled technology, runs on pump gas, or race gas.
*The car/ engine made 190 HP at 6,500 RPM at the Southeast Dyno Day in March 2008, 246HP at the Aircooled Tech Dyno (New cost for this engine is in excess of 25,000.00 indluding the following)
*LN engineering "Nickies" 105mm cylinders and JE pistons
*Carrillo connecting rods
*Wedgemated DPR 80mm stroke crank
*Aircooled Technology camshaft with Ud0 Becker tool steel lightweight TI lifters
*Manton Pushrods
*Engine Plus heads with 52X43 valves and type 1 exhaust port locations(heads flow 280 CFM)
*Lightweight valvetrain
*Aircooled Technology Full engine coatings on main, rod and cam bearings
*Thermal dispersant coatings for cylinder heads
*Thermal barrier coatings for pistons and combustion chambers
*Forged 200mm lightweight flywheel
*Stage III pressure plate/clutch
*Complete programmable EFI system from the Type 4 Store, using SDS electronics and Jenvey throttle bodies (4,000.00 value)
*Direct ignition incorporated into the SDS EFI system
*Tangerine racing header custom made By Chris Foley (2,500.00 value)
*Full flow oiling system
* Rancho Transaxles full race transaxle or a RAT built street transaxle configured for the application, including rhino case, spool and full race prep (4,000.00 value)
* AJ Speedshift shift kit is installed and functions perfectly and can be used with either transaxle chosen. (cost 1,000.00)
*4 Wheel disc brakes
*Jamar hydraulic pedal assembly including clutch, brake and throttle
*Fire Safe- fire system with 4 outlets
*Ginther wind screen
*Hoosier "Speedster" tires
*ATE fuel cell
*All braided stainless steel fuel hoses in -6 size, set up for EFI
*All braided stainless steel oil lines in -8 size
*Custom stainless steel firewall with Dzus fasteners to secure it
*7 Point G Force race harnass installed
* Race-Tech race seat
*Full SCCA legal Chromoly roll cage with door bars. (the upper portion of this could be removed if the buyer wanted to enhance looks.
There is so much more I can't even begin to list it all.

This is an ungodly fast car that could be drag raced, or autocrossed competetively- we just don't have time to campaign the car.

For further details email me at productdevelopment@aircooledtechnology.com
Or call direct at 706 892 8192
rhodyguy
if i wouldn't have to evict my mother from the rental so i could sell it, i would buy this car. seriously.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.