Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Taxes, and forms
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
redshift
I never got 1099s from people that were supposed to send them, and a W-2 from the first month-n-a-half of last year.

My fault?

M
jonwatts
I believe bonehead employers have until the end of January to send out forms so you still have a bit to wait. Even then if they send 'em before tax day they are probably off the hook.

If they never send them it's their fault, but that doesn't mean you don't have to account for them on your taxes.

This is the IRS we're talking about; everything is everyone else's fault wink.gif
redshift
I thought they were supposed to be out by Dec. 31st. I am used to having it all by now, and I have NOTHING.

Maybe I am jumping the gun, when I should be picking it up, and making the rounds.

wink.gif

M
Joe Bob
Nope....January 30th before you have a right to bitch....not that ever stopped ya..... laugh.gif
redshift
laugh.gif

I'm just spooling up, lag sucks.

M
Qarl
Hey... Give Barnum and Bailey a chance. Their Clown Employment Division has another 13 days to get you your W2!
swood
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
redshift
Hey, not funny.

-honka-

clown.gif

M
Joe Bob
I heard Mickey D's had a server crash that lost all employment records....
campbellcj
January 31 is the deadline.

Our accountant got ours done last week.
rhodyguy
minor highjack. i strongly suggest everyone contact social security and get a record of the contributions to YOUR account. i got the standard one that ss sends out . i had 2 employers that never sent in the funds (employer contributions) they are required to. never sent the money they took OUT OF MY PAYCHECK as well. ss got my dough when i provided the paper work proving i was employed by the thieving pricks.

kevin
redshift
Hey Kevin, I got one of those last year, and it's missing 11 years, all zeros, and those were years where I paid directly. That's a lie, there was one year in the middle that had a number like $18.00.

It's ok, I have no plan to get a dime of it back, I knew it when I paid, and I am not going to pay it again, to try to get it back.

I have no 401k, I have no pension, I ain't got nothing but wood.

clown.gif -honka!-

M
rhodyguy
miles, got wood? sharpen your pencil then. one of the "employers" was a former next door neighbor. he did other things that were less than "honest". i put it to him HARD!!! no kiss's either. turned out he was in violation of zoning regulations, operating a business with too many employees for the rules. gee how the county find out? he had to move the co and rent an exspensive spot in an industrial complex. he had to get in his truck and drive to work every day instead of lounging in the pool when we drove in from the days work. i : wavey.gif when he drove past my house in the mornings.

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.