Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing the Floor Crap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
I spent the last hour or two removing all the interior and floor tar paper in an effort to lighten the car up for the rotessire. The interesting thing was that my floor boards were painted red, tar paper applied, and then had a horsehair type sound insulation over that.

For you guys with some experiences fixing the floorpan...what is the best method. I have two spots were it is bent up a bit from the bottom. I would like to even it out again, any ideas?

Before Pic:
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
ChrisReale
Thats how they do it. They spray the entire tub and then apply the sound deadening shit. The engine compartment of my 914 had virgin beautiful metallic silver under the sound pad. Too bad the DAPOBMD (dumb ass previous owner before my dad) painted it Guards Red.....and did a shit job of repairing an accident.

Not sure, but maybe a flat hammer and dolly to ply the metel back into the right place?
McMark
BFH!

It'll never be perfect again unless you have a month or two off to fix it. smile.gif

Just hit it back close to being right and call it done.
Britain Smith
Any tricks to use when hammering it? Special hammer or anything.
McMark
If you wanna get technical you can get a set of dollies from harbor freight or some such discount hardware store. The dollies are just hunks of metal so when you hit the pan you don't dent it back out the other way. You can use a second hammer on the back just as well.
Eric Taylor
Hey britain what's the status on the beast of an engine going in that thing?
Eric
Britain Smith
I got a set of custom piston rings yesterday and some other misc. custom parts. I am now waiting for the heads to get flowed so that I can get a more optimal cam profile and then I can get going again. I am looking for a complete set of Carrera suspension, a 915 tranny with an LSD to go along with it, and a Carrera fender mount cooler and oil tank...wish me luck at Dunkels.

I will update everyone when it starts making progress again.

-Britain
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.