another
StratPlayer
ooops
StratPlayer
dkkdkdlf
StratPlayer
The new chyrsler
Demick
The Solstice is pretty sweet. Should be a good Miata fighter.

I'm also liking the new Cobra concept:
Curvie Roadlover
The front looks kinda "Cobra-esque" idea.gif
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Jan 19 2004, 11:01 AM)
The new chyrsler

The Chrysler is very cool, but here's the problem they'll have moving them: If you've got that kind of money to spend on a sportscar, you would most likely buy something else. Something with a heritage or some prestige.
Jenny
I think the pontiac looks a lot like the bimmer Z4...

Jen
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Jenny @ Jan 19 2004, 02:51 PM)
I think the pontiac looks a lot like the bimmer Z4...

Jen

agree.gif
mikester
supposed to be in the $20k range too

I'm interested in it. But I already have a cool little sports car.

i wub.gif my 914 and so does my wife
Steve Thacker
The Chrysler body certainly looks hot, but the engine longivity without breakdowns or issues is the clincher for me.

The new Pontiac is a sweetheart and I have to agree it looks like a Bimmer Z4
airsix
The big dissapointment for me was when they read the specs on the new Mustang. A live rear axle? Crap, what is this, 1960? They freakin own Jaguar for crying out loud. I love the styling, but why can't they put modern suspension under it.

-Ben
need4speed
What I really dislike about car-styling lately, is that there seems to be a movement underway to take a car that is shaped like a box, and put bubbles on it. (see the current Mustang for a perfect example). Any curvature abruptly ends where it intersects the flat plane of the body. IMO it's ugly.
I think the Audi TT suffers from this syndrome too.

This Pontiac is interesting, because the fender flares blend into the body. The front-end *is* pretty reminiscent of the Cobra. I like it. But GM has a habit of making cars utterly undesirable between the prototype and production stages. I'm betting that will happen here.

Now, Chrysler, with the Viper and the Prowler, at least, has done a good job, (for the way-overpriced luxury end of the scale) of bringing concept cars to market.

Interesting to see so many vendors flirting with the 2-seater sportscar market lately. . . especially now, at what appears to be the zenith of the SUV-era. I guess all the SUV-driving former-yuppie baby-boomers are sending their kids off to college, and don't need the big-'ol soccermom transport any more, and are looking at spending their autumn years flirting with dead-man's curve.

Well, if it keeps the price of the true classics more affordable, that could be a good thing, eh?
JmuRiz
need4speed,

The pictures in the magazines now are the production version, the showcar version was making the rounds in 2002. It was a little more wild looking (slicker lights and a little more curve to it), but Lutz wanted the car so they built it. If it changes, it will be very slight changes, but as far as the news I've gotten, that's the real look.
IPB Image
IPB Image

New Car (nice looking chassis)
rhodyguy
anyone who thinks the solstice will be had for $20k is crazy. think first gen miata, pt cruiser... there will be a heavy premium tacked on at the dealer. local dealers still think they can get away with an "adjusted market value" on the pt's, when they have 40 of them on the lot. i wonder if the pontiac will be produced in the u.s.?

kevin
Bruce Allert
Are any of these mid engine? They all look capable of having this perfect performance placement! wink.gif

.........b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.