Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT:Back home...not without some drama
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Made it from CA to LA without any issues (2200 miles-one way), fixed our house (cost more money as originally planned, what is new???)

Drive home was different.....while in traffic in Houston, TX on Friday, some woman driver decided to test the strength of our rear bumper of our truck...then she took off fighting19.gif

Luckly my wife and I recieved no injuries...the truck however is tweaked, driveable, but still tweaked..........we filed the police report and gave them the plate number from the Nissan Maxima.....now to deal with the insurance company..oh joy.......
mike_the_man
Bummer about the hit and run, but at least no one was hurt. What happened to your house? Did I miss a thread? I think I need a gas powered nailer, sounds prety cool!
Doug Leggins
The hit and run sure sucks. I hope that working through it is smooth for you.

On a brighter note - Cool Tools! I like your planning here. Buy cool tools to work on the rental house and then have them available for future projects - like maybe adding a metal working room addition onto the house!!!

hey - can you deduct the cost of those tools from your taxes?
Gint
At least you're both OK. Went well otherwise?
Joe Bob
You need a bubble around your cars.....how many accidents has this been?

Glad yer OK....
Mueller
What happened to your house? Did I miss a thread?

I tend to do things backwards smile.gif We sold our rental property 5 miles from home, yet kept our rental property 2000 miles away confused24.gif

Seriously, it's a renters market here in CA, people are getting thier rent reduced and we had been having a hard time getting someone to rent one of our units (for a few hundred more, one can rent a brand new house believe it or not)

Considering we have over 121,000 miles on our truck, this being it's first accident is not too bad smile.gif

like maybe adding a metal working room addition onto the house!!!

the nail gun won't be much help with my new work shop, I'll be building it with metal studs instead of wood sawzall-smiley.gif
Bruce Allert
Glad you guys are OK.

As for the "Gas" nail gun... don't you need a hose running to yer a** ..... cool.gif

...........b
Eddie Williams
Damn sucks about the wreck, but you were in my back yard, should of stopped in Beaumont, TX for lunch or dinner, either coming or going. I live about 10 minutes from I-10.
boxstr
Sounds like this is going to add up to an expensive remodel. Maybe you should call the crew from Monster House.
Flying down to check on my remodeling in Palm Desert end of the month, hope things go better.
CCLINHGTV
GWN7
Glad to see your back...accidents suck....

Toung and grove flooring, with no sub floor. Same way my farm house was constructed.
L8Apex
ah, that hammer came in handy for me too. Now you can return it. rolleyes.gif
watsonrx13
Accidents suck and having some idiot bump and run is rude and inconsiderate. spank.gif

Glad everyone is OK. mueba.gif
dgw
Glad the two of you are OK.

I could add, thank god it wasn't the Porsche.
seanery
Mike, I had the exact same thing happen on the way to work one day in LA. Stupid-ass woman hits me, so I turn into the next neighborhood street to get out of the traffic. Well, she kept going! ohmy.gif I got a nice impression of her license plate in my bumper. Stupid-ass bitch!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.