Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This weekends work
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
So this weekend I took out my 2.0l six and put in a 2.4l. I had to pull the 2.0l so I could take a few nice iteams off of it to put on the 2.4l. I rebuilt the carbs on the 2.4l and cleaned and painted a bunch of things. I also welded in the Patrick engine mount. So I have everything in and ready to go.....but I ran out of time and had to do real work.... I just need to add oil and fine tune the carbs. I should have that all done tomorrow. Here's a few pics of the progress.
TravisNeff
drooley.gif damn that is clean!
Ferg
I approve FERG.gif FERG.gif FERG.gif That looks real nice.

That's my next project on the ass dragger, not a motor swap (yet) but a drop and reseal and clean biggrin.gif

Ferg
ericread
Very nice! But please, more pictures!!!
markb
QUOTE(ericread @ Apr 29 2008, 11:33 AM) *

Very nice! But please, more pictures!!!

agree.gif
MoveQik
Looks real nice Jon. beerchug.gif
PeeGreen 914
Thanks for all the compliments guys... I will try to take more pictures tonight or tomorrow. I worked on it about 28 hours on Saturday and Sunday. I literally did nothing else.... even had a liquid diet. I really just want to get it running. I am only about an hour away from it being there but need to keep my clients happy chair.gif I'll take some pictures from the top side when I see it next.
Todd Enlund
Sweet! That's a lot of progress for one weekend...
TeenerTim
You've got the coolest toys. drooley.gif
I bet that exhaust is pretty loud.
roadster fan
wub.gif drooley.gif Nice work, Nice toy.

Jim
stateofidleness
oh shit that is beautiful!

love the underbelly shot!

so what happens to the 2.0L? smile.gif
purple
that truly is sexy.

and here i'm trying to figure out where my next mod money is coming from. 1100 for a complete brake overhaul is what i'm looking at, followed by 1200 for JUST THE PARTS for a tranny overhaul.... this car hobby is kinda shitty for how pricey it is

props man! looks good
PeeGreen 914
Yeah... It does get expensive but all hobbies generally are. The 2.0l is going to be parted out. I will be selling the carbs and the long block soon.

So I got down to the shop and added oil and gas and everything primed. Gas started coming out of one of carbs. looks like one of the fittings was cracked by the PO. Sooo... I pillaged from my other carbs and got it taken care of. I had my son with me so I couldn't stay too long. Tomorrow night I will be Firing it off and dialing it all in.

Thanks for all the complemints guys. I have put a lot of work into this car and I know there is always more to do wink.gif
PeeGreen 914
Oh.... and yes, the exhaust is rather loud but it sounds sooooo nice.
degreeoff
B E A Utiful........I am jealous of that shinny exhaust, mine was cheaply painted so after a week ....rusted! (at least the haeders)
PeeGreen 914
They headers were a little rusty from oil drops getting on there. When I took them off I put them in the parts washer.... they have a Cuda... best parts washers ever..... After that I did some sanding on them and then used the 1200 degree primer and paint so it should stay looking nice. It is all Triad and I love the quality you get from Dave.
Tom
Jon, that is looking really nice. And real clean too. Can't wait to see it at the next AX. Keep up the great work.
Been chasing electrical grimlins on mine lately.
Tom
Root_Werks
driving.gif
greenie
Hi Jon,

Very nice work w00t.gif , fresh meat for us all to drool over in July!

Greenie
PeeGreen 914
Maybe I should drive it over to your place and drop off my $ for the WCR.
Gint
Looks great! One of these days...
Rand
beerchug.gif
Nice work Jon. I look forward to seeing it in person. Almost made it this weekend but it's been hell week on my end. Major props! Looks great. Let me know if you need any last-minute help wrapping things up. Next couple of days are more flexible for me.
PeeGreen 914
Thanks Rand

It has been some time since I've seen you. Hope things are going well. Call me sometime when you're free. I will be finishing things up tomorrow and should be home with it in the evening.
rhodyguy
nice turn around jon. dave makes a nice set of headers that's for sure.

k
Root_Werks
Soooooo, what's the scoop Jon? You done yet? driving.gif
BMXerror
Lookin awesome as usual! Hey, are you coming to the 914 Shootout so I can see (and hear) it in person? Long drive for you, I know.
Mark D.
PeeGreen 914
Sooooo.... today takes a somber turn sad.gif We can get it timed right. We spent about three hours trying to get everything right but nothing did. So tomorrow I am running a full leakdown and compression to make sure the #'s I got when I bought the car were correct. I sure hope so, but with what it is doing I just don't know ar15.gif . Kinda bummed about it right now but I know that will change.

Yes, I want to come to the 914 shootout. Don't know yet as if I can though. headbang.gif
BMXerror
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 30 2008, 11:44 PM) *

Yes, I want to come to the 914 shootout. Don't know yet as if I can though. headbang.gif

I hear that. My motor's still in pieces at the machine shop (balancing). I've still got to build it and tune it, and I've got lots of suspension work to do as well. The clock is ticking. Good luck, man. Hope to see you there.
Mark D.
Root_Werks
Jon, I'll PM you my cell# if you don't get it going by this weekend, call me. We'll sort it out.
PeeGreen 914
Tomorrow baby driving.gif aktion035.gif piratenanner.gif
PeeGreen 914
It's alive happy11.gif Just a few jetting issues still to work out but it runs and it's much quicker than the 2.0l. piratenanner.gif

Got pulled over on my way home slap.gif He let me go but I guess I broke traction at the stop. I didn't think so since I have a limited slip and such, but if he says so... sheeplove.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.