Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I jumped ship.... I bought a VW
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Jumped the Honda ship that is... It was time to retire the Civic. It's an '08 Rabbit. I got it on Sunday and I'm loving it. Tons of power, great ride, quiet inside, decent stereo (this'll be the first thing to go). 17" rims, and the onboard computer were some nice perks. Yay!

I feel much better driving a new VW. I felt a little 'inappropriate' driving a Honda. At least now I'm still in the family. aktion035.gif
scotty b
Welcome back Mr. Cah-tare beerchug.gif
Eric Taylor
Welcome home

How's that new 170 HP 2.5 feel ? Torquey?
Cap'n Krusty
They're nice. I have half a dozen VWs myownself. If you're gonna change the sound system, BE SURE the installer knows what he's doing. The stereo is linked to all the other control units in the car, and wiring an aftermarket unit improperly can be an expensive mistake. This ain't the 80s. The Cap'n
effutuo101
did you get your "FAST"? A buddy of mine got the angry little black bunny with his.
ConeDodger
Ahhhh... No wonder you didn't answer the phone on Sunday. You were riding in your automobile! Looks cool. Great color too!!!

Say, Mark.... You don't intend to haul motors around in that thing do you???
jgara962
Nice ride! I thought it was great that they were bringing back the rabbit name.

Of course now that you have that, there is no incentive to finish the 914 biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
"My fast likes the windows down." aktion035.gif Looks like a fun car. I have been tempted to get rid of my gas guzzling 5-series and get a VW. For no other reason than the 600 a month I am spending on gas sad.gif

Still need to know where to send the money for the graphics we talked about wink.gif
dw914er
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Apr 29 2008, 07:06 PM) *

did you get your "FAST"? A buddy of mine got the angry little black bunny with his.

that is for the gti golf

i'm looking at the gti to eventually replace my rsx when i finish college

enjoy your new volkswagen
(you should also get some new license plate frames saying "my other car is a volkswagen" and put one on the rabbit and the 914 lol (ive seen it before)
Root_Werks
VW has really been making some great cars lately. Fun cars. driving.gif
Zimms
What engine did you get? Manual or auto?
McMark
Manual. What's an Automatic? happy11.gif

The motor is NICE. I wasn't looking for a power upgrade from the Civic, and this is a HUGE upgrade.

Rob, you called while I was signing papers. laugh.gif
Gint
Looks nice Mark. What's MSRP on that particular model?
Grimstead
beerchug.gif
Congrats on the new car. I'm glad everything is coming together for you.

New House

New Car

New Ring stirthepot.gif

PS, Woo Hoo post 800
1970 Neun vierzehn
Nice ride! (Just ignore any VW comments Garvey may make-he drives Mercurys now driving.gif ). After a while, you'll start wondering just how sweet that VW engine and gearbox would be in a 914......put it out of your mind, just enjoy each era as it was built.

Paul
drewvw

Nice...I like the way the new VW hatches look, esp in the silver.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 29 2008, 09:08 PM) *

The motor is NICE. I wasn't looking for a power upgrade from the Civic, and this is a HUGE upgrade.

Damn... Five minutes earlier and I could have talked you into a used BoxsterS. It looks great. One of my students has a GolfGTI. He gave me the keys one day. It rocks. Very Quick...
McMark
Allison and I talked about the Boxster. And I would have gotten one... except this is my 'work truck' as well. I've already had it loaded with dirt and 914 parts. happy11.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 29 2008, 11:08 PM) *

agree.gif

Click to view attachment

Congrats on the new car... It looks good.

dflesburg
you are aware THAT is Not a REAL Porsche, its a VW.
balljoint
You can still change gears in the automatic, just put it in tiptronic mode. smile.gif

My wife likes hers, but she says that when I drive it her mpg suffers. confused24.gif
greenie
Hi Mark,

Very nice looking car!

You're not gonna go soft on us and drive it to Seattle are you?

See you in two months!

Greenie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.