bandjoey
DFW 914 CLUB FIRST IN A LONG TIME MEETING

SATURDAY MAY 17 NOON
LOCATION MOVED TO:
PAPPAS BAR B Q

2231 West NW Hwy. at Lombardy
Tel.: (214) 956-9038
www.pappasbbq.com

10 minutes East of the DFW Airport on Northwest Hwy.
BETWEEN and in the Y of Loop 12 and I-35.

From Grapevine take Hwy 114 East and take the NW Hwy exit
(left lane) just as you get into Las Colinas and follow it until
you cross under Loop12 Expressway (Walton Walker) and it’s a
couple of blocks on the left.

From Lewisville or North GO South on I-35 past 635 a couple of
Miles to the Loop 12 - I 35 split THEN RIGHT on Loop 12 and immediately
Take the NW hwy exit, Left and you're there!

Great BBQ, Beer, and Beans.
beerchug.gif

Grapevine is having the Main Street Outdoor Festival with closed streets.

Bill Andrews cell 8178-905-7937

We have about 6-8 cars and a dozen people coming…call your friends!

BANDJOEY@SBCGLOBAL.NET OR PM. CELL 817 905-7937.

IF YOUR CAR DON'T RUN av-943.gif (LIKE MINE) BRING PHOTOS OR A WHEEL BEARING. ALSO BRING YOUR IDEAS ABOUT FUTURE GET-TOGETHERS
Gint
We don't pin event threads anymore. But I will happily highlight it for you like all of the other event threads if you'll use the caps lock key on your keyboard. smile.gif
bandjoey
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 29 2008, 11:10 PM) *

We don't pin event threads anymore. But I will happily highlight it for you like all of the other event threads if you'll use the caps lock key on your keyboard. smile.gif

Thanks Gint. Don't understand about the Caps Key. Please explain. Thanks Bill
brant
Bandjoey,

not trying to crash your party
but I'll be racing in Denton, TX on the 16th, 17th and 18th with my teener

I think thats about a half hour from dallas.
you guys ought to drive over
last december at this eagles canyon track, we had 6 914/6's running... and about a dozen other porsches

CVAR website with links
bandjoey
GOOD NEWS. I found a new place. I'm in Denton all the time, lived in DFW forever, and didn't know about Eagles. Thanks for the note. We'll check it out. What's the schedule for Saturday, just in case some want to drive up? Bill
brant
I don't have the saturday schedule.. and probably won't get a copy until friday.

however, I always run in group 7 and they will just rotate groups all day from about 8 until 5pm

they will take an hour lunch break probably
and the mornings will be practice, with qualifying mid day and a race in the afternoon...

I'm guessing my saturday race will be between 1:30 - 4:30 but no way to tell ahead of time.

sunday there will likely be a warm up and two more races.

brant
GWN7
LINKY NO WORKY
brant
a picture from the very first ever race at eagles canyon....
ClayPerrine
You might want to rethink the date, as you won't get much turnout for it.

The Maverick Region of PCA is having its annual "May at Mayos" event on that day.

And if you are in Bedford, we need to get together and talk. I am in Hurst, and I work part time for Zims.
bandjoey
Hi Clay. I know you but at Zim's I'm only the 'guy with the 914 that spends money on parts'. Several of us have been batting dates around for months, and there's not a good Spring day. The following weekend is pca at Eagles Canyon. (I've been told) chair.gif

So, we'll stagger on. I'm getting emails and we've got a /12 dozen in the first day. Hopefully more will come and we'll enjoy the meet and schedule more.

What's May at May's? Some might want to drive down there in the PM, if there's stuff going on. Thanks Bill

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 30 2008, 11:17 AM) *

The Maverick Region of PCA is having its annual "May at Mayos" event on that day.

And if you are in Bedford, we need to get together and talk. I am in Hurst, and I work part time for Zims.

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Apr 30 2008, 01:27 PM) *

Hi Clay. I know you but at Zim's I'm only the 'guy with the 914 that spends money on parts'. Several of us have been batting dates around for months, and there's not a good Spring day. The following weekend is pca at Eagles Canyon. (I've been told) chair.gif

So, we'll stagger on. I'm getting emails and we've got a /12 dozen in the first day. Hopefully more will come and we'll enjoy the meet and schedule more.

What's May at May's? Some might want to drive down there in the PM, if there's stuff going on. Thanks Bill

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 30 2008, 11:17 AM) *

May at Mayo's is a PCA "Picinic". It is held at Mayo Performance in Euless.

It starts at 5 Pm, so you may get some people who show up and leave shortly after.

and I only work for Zims on Saturdays when the regular guys arent there.

Does your 914 run? Why don't you think about coming to Talamina with us this weekend? A bunch of DFW people will be there. Even if your 914 doesn't run, come join us.

brant
[/quote]
May at Mayo's is a PCA "Picinic". It is held at Mayo Performance in Euless.
[/quote]

I'm sure Mayo's will be running at Eagles Canyon, they were in december
more pics:
Grelber
Bill: Here's a big icon_bump.gif
bandjoey
Thanks Guys...We'll have to get a schedule around..looks like there's a lot of 914's running solo in the DFW area that doesn't know about the racing or events. Here's a pix of my car today and the evolution of what it's (money holding out) going to look like in about a month or 2. I'll still be having fun and some of ya'll can be kind and let me go for a ride. Clay...you probably saw car this sitting behind Zim's in a rusty bucket state. Bill
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(bandjoey @ May 3 2008, 10:03 PM) *

Thanks Guys...We'll have to get a schedule around..looks like there's a lot of 914's running solo in the DFW area that doesn't know about the racing or events. Here's a pix of my car today and the evolution of what it's (money holding out) going to look like in about a month or 2. I'll still be having fun and some of ya'll can be kind and let me go for a ride. Clay...you probably saw car this sitting behind Zim's in a rusty bucket state. Bill

Ah. so you are the one who bought it!

I know the car, and if you need help.. holler. I can guide you in the right direction.

LowGT
I'd be up for meeting some people, I just need to relocate my fuel pump prior to the meet since I've developed some vapor lock issues.

I can get there fine, just as long as no one wants to go anywhere for a couple hours. smile.gif
bandjoey
QUOTE(LowGT @ May 4 2008, 09:16 PM) *

I'd be up for meeting some people, I just need to relocate my fuel pump prior to the meet since I've developed some vapor lock issues.

I can get there fine, just as long as no one wants to go anywhere for a couple hours. smile.gif

I'd have to Locate my fuel pump...it's in a box somewhere...I'm sure we'll be hanging around for a couple. here's my cell...call when you start over, if you're running late 817 905-7937 bill drunk.gif
LowGT
QUOTE(bandjoey @ May 4 2008, 09:57 PM) *

I'd have to Locate my fuel pump...it's in a box somewhere...I'm sure we'll be hanging around for a couple. here's my cell...call when you start over, if you're running late 817 905-7937 bill drunk.gif

When and where? There are a bunch of dates and places mentioned in this thread, it has me all confused. smile.gif
brant
4 racing 914's are pre paid and registered to run at eagles canyon so far!
bandjoey
Here's a recap of what's come accross. That weekend there is racing at Eagles Canyon. That Saturday at 5 is a PCA picnic at Ed Mayo's.

Our get together is at noon on Sat May 17 in Grapevine on Main St (at College, I think) at Weinbergers Deli. Parking in the rear. Bill
MJHanna
First Race on Sat for the Group 7 (Which includes 914's 911's 240z Jags, BMW's cars) will be around 1:30
Second race around 4:30
On Sunday first race around 11:15-11:30
Last race 4:30

If you cannot come on Sat take a run out on Sunday.

Stop by and say Hi
brant
Mark,
crap.. I guess I didn't realize you were in the 911 last year
I must of seemed like a jerk when you introduced yourself
mostly because I didn't realize who you were

are you going to pit up top, or down below?
hope to chat and even pit nearby

your fast!
can't wait to Re-meet

5 914's are now registered to be there

brant
stateofidleness
how far is all this from San Antonio?
I'd love to meet some of you guys and drool over your cars!

assuming "chalon owners" are invited wink.gif lol
Grelber
It takes me about 4 hours to drive to San Antonio from around there. But that's with a bit of slowness around Temple (the DPS LOVES that stretch of road).
bandjoey
Mark & Brant...look forward to meeting up with you sometime. I'll be sure everyone get's the schedule and mabey some will come out Sat or Sun. How can we keep up with what's going on at the local tracks? www's, groups, or magazines to suggest? Bill
brant
QUOTE(bandjoey @ May 6 2008, 11:44 PM) *

Mark & Brant...look forward to meeting up with you sometime. I'll be sure everyone get's the schedule and mabey some will come out Sat or Sun. How can we keep up with what's going on at the local tracks? www's, groups, or magazines to suggest? Bill

thats a tough question to answer
there are about 5 tracks in texas to keep up with ( maybe 6 if you count hallet?)

each "club" has a very different flavor and scene
there is not much out there that covers all of the different "clubs" such as scca, hsr, cvar, rmvr, pca, nasa, etc....

so what tends to happen is that a person gets interested in only 1 "club" and then follows and stays "up" with those happenings.

vintage is awesome, and CVAR is great... because all of the cars are ones that you love, grew up with, or recognize

Here is a fun thread with pictures from ECR 12/2007
spare time toys
I dont want to sound pissy but this isnt the first time for this, this is the first GTG in a while, we have done breakfasts and dinners in the past. chowtime.gif It was a while back before the split though beerchug.gif
MJHanna
QUOTE(brant @ May 6 2008, 06:34 PM) *

Mark,

are you going to pit up top, or down below?
hope to chat and even pit nearby

brant

I'm not running on Friday for the test and tune so I'm going to guess that the upper lot will be full on Sat morning. I'll just park on the lower lot. Finally put some supension on the car, now it does not lean like a Buick. driving.gif
Hoping for good weather. looking forward to seeing you again. cheers beer.gif
bandjoey
Spare Time Toys...come and joine. Call some friends. laugh.gif
bandjoey
Had another call today from George in Ft Worth who's going to try and come. He's rebuilding calipers and might not have his car there though. Right now we've got 6-8 cars and a dozen people coming. Grab-On and come! bye1.gif
bandjoey
FINALLY...MAY 17 IS NEAR. WE JUST CAN'T FIT EVERYTHING INTO ONE DAY....THERE'S A LOT GOING ON...IF YOU CAN'T COME...WE'LL FILL YOU IN ON THE HAPPENINGS! BILL
spare time toys
I may see if I can make it. We have a ton of crap going on. The new location is a good one. I love the stuffed spuds or the double cheese burgers there chowtime.gif
bandjoey
GREAT WEATHER. GREAT TURNOUT. GREAT PEOPLE...LOTS OF CARS..EVEN COVERED PARKING!
BILL

THANKS TO ALL WHO CAME..SPREAD THE WORD!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(bandjoey @ May 17 2008, 10:56 PM) *

GREAT WEATHER. GREAT TURNOUT. GREAT PEOPLE...LOTS OF CARS..EVEN COVERED PARKING!
BILL

Geez..you didn't have to post that pic of my dirty engine compartment......

spare time toys
WTF.gif Who parked under that roof with the lid off on their car??? I dont park in that area because the birds are nasty and like doing target practice stromberg.gif mad.gif
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 19 2008, 09:10 AM) *

QUOTE(bandjoey @ May 17 2008, 10:56 PM) *

BILL

Geez..you didn't have to post that pic of my dirty engine compartment......

Hey Clay! thats special dirt from Talimena drive.
Heeltoe914
Thats about the nicest bunch of 914 I have every seen in one place. GO DFW.
Thoward914
Here are some of the pictures I took, no names or captions. As I heard someone say, we should of had name tags.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Thoward914
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Thoward914
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Thoward914
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.