Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Awwwww geez, now that my engine is running stronger than ever,
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger

The clutch held out for a good long while but this engine really is the best head/cam/intake/exhaust combo for pump gas. Some fine tuning has really made it come alive.

Does anyone use the Stage II Renegade/KEP combo here?
Is it compatible with the early KEP adapter plate or does everything need to be swapped out?

"..... Dear Santa, I wanna' Stage II....."

happy11.gif
Andyrew
Im not sure its compatable.. best thing to do is call KEP... really nice guys.

What are you currently running? What stage? I have a stage 4 or whatever early VW kit.. says it holds 300tq, but I'll be damned if it wont hold my 400. replacement clutch and PP were 100 bucks..
PeeGreen 914
WOW... I wish my engine had that much power. Just get a better suited clutch and have at it biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Apr 29 2008, 08:06 PM) *

i do use the Kep II CLutch and pressure plate. how much HP/torque do you put out?

i've got around 300 and i have the feeling the KEP Stage II is not enough. i'm seriously thinking about upgrading to the Stage III ...
shades.gif Andy
Dr. Roger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 29 2008, 11:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Apr 29 2008, 08:06 PM) *

i do use the Kep II CLutch and pressure plate. how much HP/torque do you put out?

i've got around 300 and i have the feeling the KEP Stage II is not enough. i'm seriously thinking about upgrading to the Stage III ...
shades.gif Andy

I don't know how much torque she puts out.
There is a particular range in the RPM band that just pulls so dang hard.

Stage III... ??? Gotta think about that. Whatever I have is so friendly to my clutch leg and easy to manipulate in stop and go traffic. I think I have a pic of the pressure plate somewhere with the rating stamp. Gotta find that.

iamchappy
i have a stage 2 and it just holds. I would prefer it to slip a little if it has too, to absorb some of the shock load in my 901.
Dr. Roger
2700 lbs.
Joe Bob
Compared to some stuff I've seen, KEP is always fairly priced.

They actually remember me from back in the 70s when I was doing late (at the time) model engine swaps into 50s bugs.....which is scary, 'cause I can't remember the 70s.....give them a call and they will build ya a super disc with Kevlar and superglue....
LvSteveH
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Apr 30 2008, 05:50 PM) *

2700 lbs.

My guess is that pressure plate uses a VW disk. You could try going to a more aggressive disk which would probably help. Of course make sure your clutch is fully releasing first. It's pretty common to preload the pressure plate without realizing it as it usually take more throw than the stock setup.

The other option is going to a full 9" flywheel/PP/Disk and it should hold just fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.