Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NEX race seat install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Andyrew
Me and dad are coming up with some idea's on seats. I could be purchasing his NEX seats off him, so I am working on making them fit in the 914, and better yet, On the stock slider. I have a big old fat 3/8 in thick 2 in wide steel piece of metal that im going to use for mounting the NEX mounts to the 914 seat sliders. So far I think it will work great. Although I think that my E brake will be in the way (I think I have to bend it a little..) and my center console (sp?), and quite possibly my shifter. Well I test fit the seat, and it seems that the way I have it, the seat is off center of the steering wheel by a margin.. I think I need to cut my center console.. Pics will follow.
Anyone have any pics of their seat install?

Andrew
Aaron Cox
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

nuff said
cha914
3/8" thick! man, I thought I was overkill using a 1/8" thick piece for mine...did you need the height?

driving.gif
Andyrew
did I need the heighth? ya.. Its what I found in the garage.. better than the 1/8in aluminum...
Pics in a sec I have to put the Caserol in the oven

Andrew
Andyrew
Pictaaas

Im about 6' so I need some good room, and I havent stopped growing (darn age)..

[IPB Image

IPB Image

I have more pics coming, and I think I'll get this darn thing mounted by tonight..

Andrew
redshift
Finish something! smile.gif

Good stuff buddy, g'luck with the mounting, and just make sure it's safe.

M
si2t3m
Yes please more pics. I'm considering an FK seat at 149$ (brackets included). Same thing as the nex seat. I'm only doing DE's so i don't mind it not being FIA approuved.

Please any clearance issues with the hand brake or other stuff. Doesn't look like it would fit with the backpad??? (I'm have the early style with the passengers side seat integrated in the backpad...)

In anycase, either FK seat or i continue to modify the fiberglass shell of the old seat i have in the workshop.

Marc-André
Andyrew
Well the thingy is giving me trouble. The bracket of the seat is in the way of the slider, and I can mount it like I wanted.. arg.. I'll have to keep working at it, the darn thing. I'll get pics up at my next break.. Do you have a link to the FK seats?

Andrew
Eric Taylor
Hey andy when are you gona get some paint on that thing smile.gif
Eric
Andyrew
When im done with the bodywork.

Ive got years to get that done laugh.gif

umm hopefully in a couple months.

Andrew
Andyrew
Here's a few more.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Studing and finals will put this off for at least another day.

DadDy (the meanie)

But, Hey, at least I'm letting him drive the Turbo tomorrow...
si2t3m
for FK seats looky here:
http://www.fknorthamerica.com/produ..._mode=cat_click

And here for more detailed pics:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...&category=23016

Pseudo groupe buy @149 on the bird site:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....threadid=142878

Marc-André
si2t3m
Oh, i see that you have the drivers seat out of the car...

You mind taking pics of them side by side??? wink.gif

Marc-André
Jeroen
Andy,

Please use some decent bolts and washers!

Why don't you just ditch the stock slider and mount the seat to the floor?

cheers,

Jeroen
Andyrew
Hevty bolts? ah heck ya, there like 4 inches wide (exhaduration.. there very big)

Ya I'll get the pics side by side.

Hmm pics down, daddy's working on it..

Mommy said I cant borrow the turbo. Maybe they'll let me tomorrow.

Im gona go finish the darn install.

Jeoron, its a street car, I drive it on the street, so does dad, and a future short driver. I need adjustability. (and they wont bolt to the floor without major mods to the floor)

Andrew
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.