Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Left and right side marker lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zonedoubt
Is there a difference between the driver's and passenger's side marker lights? For some reason the right side on my car doesn't seem to look right compared to the other side. I'm having trouble getting it off to check it out -- rusted screws. Will the left side fit the right? If not what are the differences? Are the lenses swappable?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes the left is marked "L" and the right is marked "R". The bases are the same
davep
Lenses have post heights that are different and of course they are wedge shaped, so not interchangeable unless you like the goofy look.
GWN7
The lenses are shaped to fit the body. The body is shaped different from side to side. They are not interchangable.
Pat Garvey
Agree with all! Just wish I could find some mounting rivets!
Pat
GWN7
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Apr 30 2008, 07:05 PM) *

Agree with all! Just wish I could find some mounting rivets!
Pat

Thanks for the reminder idea.gif headbang.gif
So.Cal.914

Left and right side marker lights, Is there a difference?

QUOTE(GWN7 @ Apr 30 2008, 08:02 PM) *

The lenses are shaped to fit the body. The body is shaped different from side to side. They are not interchangable.

I dis agree, I found no difference at all. When thrown, they both flew the same.

tod914
I believe the white bases are interchangeable. I'd have to verify, but I think
the lenses are specific to one side. one side is nla.
Rand
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Apr 30 2008, 09:53 PM) *

I dis agree, I found no difference at all. When thrown, they both flew the same.

laugh.gif

Thanks for the comic relief Paul. My first thought was also about tossing them. I like 'em shaved. wink.gif
zonedoubt
I kinda like 'em, for originality's sake.

Since you took them off, wanna send them my way? biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Rand @ Apr 30 2008, 10:21 PM) *

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Apr 30 2008, 09:53 PM) *

laugh.gif

Thanks for the comic relief Paul. My first thought was also about tossing them. I like 'em shaved. wink.gif

Rand
I will check and see if I still have them. If so, they are yours.
Rand
Hey zonedoubt. I found them, but they are pretty crusty. (Gaskets are rough and a couple of small cracks, etc.) I don't think they are worth messing with, but PM me if you're interested and I'll send pics. Otherwise I'm going to toss them.
swl
mad at myself. Yesterday I was moving a heavy box in the garage and took off the drivers side - same one that is broken on the parts car sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.