Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oil levels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
minnesota loon
If you over fill the oil level by half a quart is it ok?
lotus_65
yep

smile.gif

we're a tight group, eh?
SirAndy
QUOTE(lotus_65 @ Apr 30 2008, 06:05 PM) *

yep

agree.gif

as long as you didn't plug your crank-case breather ...
shades.gif Andy
Rusty
My experience has been different. (go figure... biggrin.gif ) My carbed 914-4 is fairly intolerant of being overfilled. I put in 3.5Q with an oil/filter change... and top up from there.

Any extra oil seems to find a way out of the motor. However, I don't believe that anything has caused permanent leaks or damage.
PeeGreen 914
I just put in 12 quarts and am fine biggrin.gif Oh wait... you have a four.
Gint
I've been told it's OK and I have myself overfilled a 2.0/4 with no ill effects.

However, on my current carb'd 2056, this motor couldn't leak oil fast enough. And the one time I put an extra quart in it, it leaked and backfired (I dunno) more.

QUOTE(Rusty @ Apr 30 2008, 11:54 PM) *
My experience has been different. (go figure... biggrin.gif ) My carbed 914-4 is fairly intolerant of being overfilled. I put in 3.5Q with an oil/filter change... and top up from there.

Any extra oil seems to find a way out of the motor. However, I don't believe that anything has caused permanent leaks or damage.

That's exactly why I pulled mine to re-seal it. And install head vents. I'm hoping to fix that problem for good. I hate oily greasy crap all over everything.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.