Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I made the Chicago morning traffic report....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
I offer my sincere apology to any Chicagoland 914 owner that was stuck and or delayed on 294 just after the Cermack (sp) toll plaza and 290 spilt around 8 am today. But hey I made the morning traffic report rolleyes.gif

Here is the 914 content to this post:

I have to drive form Portage Indiana to the main office in Arlington Hts IL (~80 miles) once a week to make the boss happy. It just so happened that I worked a deal on a parts car in Wheeling so I hooked up the car trailer and took off to the office. After paying the toll I was in the left lane trying to merge back on 294 while a CON_WAY Transport truck was trying to merge over right to the I290 split. We were goin a whole 10mph, well he cleared the back of my Dodge Ram, but didn't see the empty car trailer and started to drive over the drivers side rear fender and push my whole Truck & trailer sideways to the right.

Damage to the trailer isn't to bad. Smashed the fender, rear tail lense, license plate bracket and light. My truck is fine. Man that was a strange feeling seeing a big rig driving over my trailer and not being able to do a damn thing about it. Police came and I filed a report so now I get the do the insurance dance dry.gif All I want is them to replace the fender, I can weld the bracket back in place.

The good news is I did pick up the parts car during lunch and it is now in my shop at home. I have been driving that stretch of road for 22 yrs and this was my first (and hopefully last) accident. Not bad I guess.

Here is the EBAY parts car link 73 1.7 parts car

Yes I emailed him a low ball offer and he took it. biggrin.gif

Joe Bob
Hey...... yer famous.....BTW, carpet showed....thanks, u da bomb....
Gint
Trailer fun. Yippeee boldblue.gif Good thing you were only doin 10...
cwpeden
Did all 73 and later cars have a 150mph speedo? Or just 2.0?
Bartlett 914
Sorry to hear about the mishap. Glad I wasn't going anywhere on 294 today. smile.gif Probably made you late too. I'm sure that made the boss happy.

Nice score on the car. How are the pans? Looks like decent western also. aktion035.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ May 1 2008, 12:13 PM) *

Sorry to hear about the mishap. Glad I wasn't going anywhere on 294 today. smile.gif Probably made you late too. I'm sure that made the boss happy.

Nice score on the car. How are the pans? Looks like decent western also. aktion035.gif

The pans are shot and so are the longs. He welded in tubing to keep the car from folding in half. icon8.gif At first I thought it was a start to a roll cage screwy.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(cwpeden @ Apr 30 2008, 10:48 PM) *

I'm not 100% sure. This car is a stock 1.7
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ May 1 2008, 04:01 PM) *

QUOTE(cwpeden @ Apr 30 2008, 10:48 PM) *

I'm not 100% sure. This car is a stock 1.7

I believe that is correct, as my 73 1.7 came with one.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Garold:

Easy to replace Trailer, hitch, fenders, but you are 1 of a kind. Your wife

says your NLA. Glad you were ok. Dave slap.gif
sww914
Last time I went racing I was driving through traffic in some part of LA near Burbank and some immigrant (insert basic racial slur here) kept trying to merge into my lane exactly where I already was. I backed off a bit to let him over in front of me but his lane slowed and as soon as he was behind my truck he jammed over into my lane right into my trailer. You'd think that he would have seen the bright ass blue & green racecar on the trailer, but nooo.
He ripped the corner off of his front bumper and lost his fender liner and the moron didn't even notice that he had hit anything. I pulled over to discuss the accident and I tried to wave him over but he wouldn't come. After he drove off I inspected my trailer and all it did was dent the side in between 2 other dents and scratch a spot that was already scratched. I had rebuilt my light mounts so that they would be invincible, I was sick of broken taillights every time I lent it out, and they were invincible. They ripped the corner off of his car and the lights were still undamaged. I found a couple of his plastic bumper clips on my trailer. I called the CHP with his license number and they said that I'd have to wait a couple of hours if I wanted to file a report. I didn't have any noticeable damage so I blew it off rather than sit on he side of some LA freeway for 2 hours.
There are some truly stupid people with driver's licenses.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.