Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need A Good Mechanic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smithhurd
Hello my name is Bill and I'm a new 1973 2.0 914 owner. I'm looking for a reliabl;e and good mechanic who can perform a valve adjustment and/or show me how to perform a valve adjustment. Thanks.
Bill, Western Springs, Illinois (Western suburbs of Chicago)
Mark Henry
Just talked to Bill tonight, he bought Ray Warrens silver 914. I rebuilt the engine a few years back and it has SDS FI. It is a very nice car.
He's planning on driving it home to Chicago from Barrie Ontiario with his young lad. Good test drive for sure...I'd say about 26hrs of on the road time. aktion035.gif

He's a newbie that needs to be shown the ropes, needs a couple of local contacts and a good local 914 wrench.

Welcome to the club Bill
welcome.png
Root_Werks
welcome.png
PeeGreen 914
If you are really going to drive it down I would seriously advise you get a list of members together that can help you on your way in case something happens. You do that and everything will go fine wink.gif welcome.png
championgt1
welcome.png

I was curious who bought that car. It looked very nice. driving.gif
McMark
Searching here will get you lots and lots of talk/techniques about adjusting valves. You can do it! thumb3d.gif

welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.